Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 07:30 PM

2 posts, read 4,733 times

Advertisements

OK...so where does a nice jewish boy go???????????????????????

Old 09-04-2007, 08:16 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,195,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndavidkay View Post
Either N Scottsdale or the Biltmore area (24th St/Camelback).

Have you tried joining a synagogue?

Old 09-04-2007, 09:58 PM

8,365 posts, read 13,514,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndavidkay View Post
Are you a black jew?

If not, I really do not see the point of this question...

Old 09-05-2007, 05:29 PM

133 posts, read 433,931 times
While we're at it, can someone please explain all of the other ethnic enclaves in the Phoenix area? I appreciated the straightforward response earlier, linking to Black networking opportunities, but this topic is becoming absolutely ridiculous.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptbrennan View Post
While we're at it, can someone please explain all of the other ethnic enclaves in the Phoenix area? I appreciated the straightforward response earlier, linking to Black networking opportunities, but this topic is becoming absolutely ridiculous.
Aside from Mexican/Central American Hispanics; we do not have the so-called ethnic enclaves like in Boston, Chicago, etc.

Phoenix did not get big till after WW II when the Irish, Italians, etc. started spreading out west------we are just generic White people.

As for the Asians; they for the most part are everywhere along with non Rez Native Americans and Hispanics of Argentine, Spanish and other Euro White heritage.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:40 PM

39 posts, read 181,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Why would you call yourself a cracker?
What I cant call myself a cracker? Blacks can call themselves n****rs. Why the double standard?

Black pride: OK
Brown pride: OK
Asian pride: OK
Indian pride: OK
White pride: RACIST

Old 09-05-2007, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathiasthegreat View Post
What I cant call myself a cracker? Blacks can call themselves n****rs. Why the double standard?

Probably because White people are preceived as being on top of the social heirarchy------never mind that most Hispanics in the world are also White. And too many of us have Native American, Asian and Black in our backgrounds as well.

False stereotype because many other ethnicities have successful members as well......

As for the so-called 'Browns'.......in Latin America as well as Spain the standard of beauty is white skin and blue eyes------so, many of the darker skinned Latinos tend to be discriminated against over there especially in Spain.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:41 PM

34 posts, read 131,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Note too that some of the 'Black' people are; legally speaking, Hispanic from Mexico.

Believe it or not: there are Black enclaves SOB (south of border).

And too many of the more educated Black folks are actually from Africa as in Nigeria, Sudan, Kenya, etc.
were exactly is this?

Old 09-05-2007, 11:48 PM

34 posts, read 131,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathiasthegreat View Post

lol..

blacks dont call themselves n****rs...that is the common misconception that whites have about that word and about blacks...So i caution you on using that word around blacks without getting some sort of reprieve and/or beat down.

the "n" that SOME blacks use... the word n**ga...to them its a term of endearment...its like saying the words: sweetie, baby, etc...just because u call someone baby does not mean their your baby...so to them that what that word means...within that circle.

see def. of "term of endearment" here
Term of endearment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-05-2007, 11:54 PM

133 posts, read 433,931 times
Yup, still controversial in a lot of circles. Toying with sensitive issues, such as racism, can mean good clean fun amongst friends (see Dennis Leary on Daily Show recently). But I think it's sad that some people give it so much thought on a day-to-day basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area