Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 10:58 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Qwest Internet Deals | Get Qwest DSL High Speed Internet

Qwest DSL has a special 1.5 mbps @ $14.95 and 7mbps @ $19.95 with no increase for 5 years! They also have higher speeds at a discount. I didn't "rent" the router, you can buy one from them or a retail store. I've never had issues or problems with there service for years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfyycCold View Post
I don't know about no increase for 5 years - it says for 12 months and then in the fine print it says the rate reverts to "current rates" after that time. Also requires "bundling"... I'm assuming with home phone service?

Qwest® High-Speed Internet, Home Phone Service and More

On the right side of the screen half way down.
Price Security and No Contract!
5 year price-lock!
Bundle Heave Duty Internet with Home Phone Unlimited and Save
  • 5 Year Price Guarantee
  • No Contract Required
Again it’s stated at the lower right of the screen.
Qwest Bundles - High Speed Internet, DIRECTV®, Phone Service, Verizon Wireless

I've not had issues or problems with their service for thirty years, however I do understand that some customers might, just as I know many customers with COX also have issues and problems with billing or service. It happens!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 08:06 AM

391 posts, read 787,767 times
Anybody use Zona?

Old 07-26-2011, 10:44 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,563,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
Cox doesn't have DSL. That's a phone company thing.
I'm responding to this because I'm trying to learn here. I pay Cox for internet, phone and tv/cable, so they get $168 for all this each month. I am not paying any other bills to anyone. How does the phone company--and I'm assuming you mean AT&T--get into this? Does Cox contract for DSL to AT&T?

Old 07-26-2011, 10:46 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,693,707 times
Cable TV companies use cable modems and send the signal along the same cable that carries your television signals.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:19 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,739,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
I'm responding to this because I'm trying to learn here. I pay Cox for internet, phone and tv/cable, so they get $168 for all this each month. I am not paying any other bills to anyone. How does the phone company--and I'm assuming you mean AT&T--get into this? Does Cox contract for DSL to AT&T?
The high speed internet that you get from Cox is not called DSL, that's all. DSL is a technology used by phone companies.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:34 PM

701 posts, read 1,096,742 times
For the most part right now, home users have a choice of fiber optics (FIOS, where available,) cable (like your TV,) satellite, or DSL (Digital Subscriber Line.) DSL is the oldest (I think) of these and works over POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service,) so it comes in through your phone line. It works over a different frequency than voice. In the old days, they'd install a splitter that separated the voice frequency from the data frequency. Then they realized it was cheaper and easier to send customers a set of filters instead--you install one filter for each phone, and all that data you don't want to hear just gets filtered out of your phone. In recent years, some places have offered "Dry Loop" accounts. I have no idea where that term comes from, but it means you're getting DSL with no voice capabilities. This is what I have right now from Verizon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: