Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 12:00 PM

2 posts, read 32,716 times

Advertisements

My husband & I are contemplating a move (from NJ) to a Phoenix area suburb within the next year or so. We just came back from a weekend trip in Scottsdale. We drove around a bit (Gilbert, Chandler, then out to Surprise, Avondale, Tolleson), & only saw a few asians. Do any of these towns (or any others I didn't mention) have more asian residents or "clusters"? Someone suggested looking up asian groceries, figuring those locations meant there would be more asians in that area, but I'd like to get anyone else's knowledge of the area. Thanks for any info!

Old 08-21-2007, 04:31 PM

48 posts, read 215,992 times
In my experience, it seems I've met more asians around Chandler. But I've also met quite a few from Scottsdale. I think in Phoenix, most cultures seem to be scattered since it is relatively new when you compare it to other large cities. If it helps at all I would recommend joining the APIA APIA home

Old 08-21-2007, 09:04 PM

87 posts, read 699,993 times
Asians in AZ? Very rare and not common. Asians don't really live in the desert states in our country. They're a few here and there but really not much at all. Most Asians live in California.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:24 AM

2 posts, read 32,716 times
Thanks for your replies! I figured there weren't too many asians in AZ.
I realize most are in Cali - ALL my family's there! I just don't want to live in Cali again... too populated, & too expensive!

Old 08-22-2007, 11:18 AM

Location: 5 miles from the center of the universe-The Superstition Mountains
1,084 posts, read 5,789,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal78 View Post
Asians in AZ? Very rare and not common. Asians don't really live in the desert states in our country. They're a few here and there but really not much at all. Most Asians live in California.
Except on my street in east Mesa. Next door neighbors are Filipino (the best neighbors I've had in the last 30 years, by the way) and across the street, Vietnamese. I spent a week in the hospital over the new year and at least 1/3 of my nurses -male and female- were Filipino. They are out here but as chocolaterie said, they're scattered.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:01 AM

124 posts, read 413,432 times
I would say they are mainly in Chandler or Scottsdale but yes they are very scattered here, alot in Cali for sure.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:17 PM

12 posts, read 52,898 times
Mabuhay!
Here's the link to information on Filipino Community in Arizona.Filipinos in Arizona, Filipino American Community in Arizona - Filipinos in Phoenix, Tempe, Flagstaff, Kingman, Sedona, Chandler, Glendale, Avondale, Goodyear, Mesa, Apache Junction, Tucson, Sierra Vista,
By the way my wife is from Tarlac and we are moving to Phoenix as soon as our home sells here in Hawaii.
Salamat Po,
Lee

Old 08-25-2007, 08:37 PM

132 posts, read 592,942 times
I'm Filipino. I just moved here from IL last year. I am very active in the Filipino Community here in Arizona. Most of the Filipinos I've met this passed year are concentrated in Avondale, Goodyear, Litchfield Park, Chandler, and Surprise.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:01 PM

2 posts, read 18,417 times
I notice that too,not much filipino around.I am from north scottsdale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imtaya2 View Post
I'm Filipino. I just moved here from IL last year. I am very active in the Filipino Community here in Arizona. Most of the Filipinos I've met this passed year are concentrated in Avondale, Goodyear, Litchfield Park, Chandler, and Surprise.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:09 PM

132 posts, read 592,942 times
I am also member of couple of Filipino Associations. IF you like you can join me when you get here so you can get a feel of the Filipino community. I'v been very active w/ Filipino Community for business and mtg new friends. My family are mostly in NJ and Chicago ))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area