U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 08-14-2007, 04:57 PM
 
3 posts, read 112,191 times
Reputation: 24

Advertisements

Hi, I'm moving from the MD bay area to Mesa early next year and plan on renting a 2 bedroom apartment for my wife and I. Can anyone give me a good estimate of your average electric bill, if you have something similar? Also, can anyone maybe recommend some of the better apartments (price or quality) in the area? Thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-14-2007, 05:02 PM
 
Location: gilbert az "move me to Boise"
341 posts, read 1,607,635 times
Reputation: 158
Hi
we live ina 2 story home w/4 bdrm and avg is 112.00 monthly - even with the summer heat - we live in Gilbert(next door to Mesa)
In Mesa on BAseline ROad there are the Vista Montana apts (2 or 3 bdrm from 500 to 700, I believe a month in rent) and my sister used to live there - her electric was 1/3 of my house. Nice complex, really nice apartments and people - close to schools, shopping, highways - all within walking distance -
If you need more info Pm me - I'll see if I can help - if you tell me what you are looking for
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2007, 05:05 PM
 
Location: Sunny Phoenix Arizona...wishing for a beach.
4,299 posts, read 14,321,772 times
Reputation: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiduo View Post
Hi, I'm moving from the MD bay area to Mesa early next year and plan on renting a 2 bedroom apartment for my wife and I. Can anyone give me a good estimate of your average electric bill, if you have something similar? Also, can anyone maybe recommend some of the better apartments (price or quality) in the area? Thanks!
Any particular area of Mesa...SW,SE,NW etc? NE and SE are the better parts.

Bottom floor usually runs less money for electric. Depends on how cold you like it too. When I was renting a 2 bedroom apt way back when. through APS the Summer was like 120 ish and the rest of the year maybe 60.00 or so. My husband likes it cold........
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2007, 05:08 PM
 
Location: Sunny Phoenix Arizona...wishing for a beach.
4,299 posts, read 14,321,772 times
Reputation: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVGAZ View Post
Hi
we live ina 2 story home w/4 bdrm and avg is 112.00 monthly - even with the summer heat - we live in Gilbert(next door to Mesa)
In Mesa on BAseline ROad there are the Vista Montana apts (2 or 3 bdrm from 500 to 700, I believe a month in rent) and my sister used to live there - her electric was 1/3 of my house. Nice complex, really nice apartments and people - close to schools, shopping, highways - all within walking distance -
If you need more info Pm me - I'll see if I can help - if you tell me what you are looking for

112.oo for a 4 bedroom 2 story home in the Summer? What the heck were we doing wrong? Even my small 2 bedroom apt cost me more than that in the Summer.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2007, 05:13 PM
 
Location: gilbert az "move me to Boise"
341 posts, read 1,607,635 times
Reputation: 158
Hi Sheena - that's the average monthly for yearly - the summer can be like $160-180 but the winters are really low - we are in Gilbert and face North - I don't know if that makes a difference - but our home is all open - only one hallway upstairs - lots of windows
oh well............. didn't mean to scare you
love some of your posts!!!!!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2007, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Sunny Phoenix Arizona...wishing for a beach.
4,299 posts, read 14,321,772 times
Reputation: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVGAZ View Post
Hi Sheena - that's the average monthly for yearly - the summer can be like $160-180 but the winters are really low - we are in Gilbert and face North - I don't know if that makes a difference - but our home is all open - only one hallway upstairs - lots of windows
oh well............. didn't mean to scare you
love some of your posts!!!!!
Oh ok got ya.....Yeah that makes sense. We are energy wasters too. Kids, TV's, pool, spa, freezing temps in the house.....

Thanks for the compliment, I'm glad someone is enjoying my post
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2007, 07:52 PM
 
181 posts, read 1,045,620 times
Reputation: 134
I guess it depends whether you have SRP or APS. APS sucks, just had a big rate hike. I used less electricity last month then the same time last year and my bill was $25 higher. I read in the paper that SRP is going to have a rate decrease.
My hose is 1500 sq ft. My summer time bills so far is $140-$160. Winter time is $50-$70.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2007, 11:18 AM
 
67 posts, read 293,642 times
Reputation: 28
My 2 bedroom apartment is about 1200 square feet with 2 floors, and just 2 of us. It has been about $110.00 for the past 2 months. And that is in the middle of the heat. I live in Awahtukee which is a subdivision of Phoenix.
Havent been here for the winter yet!

Hope this helps.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2007, 11:25 AM
 
Location: Arizona
35 posts, read 306,386 times
Reputation: 29
Our average is about 100-110 a month. I expect last months $180 bill to be the highest of the year. We're in a 4'100 sq ft two story house and are on the SRP time of use plan. During the day we hardly run the air conditioners, but they get heavy use in the morning and night.

Ed
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2007, 02:13 PM
 
3 posts, read 112,191 times
Reputation: 24
Default Thanks for the Info

I am checking out an apartment right now that includes AC in the utilities, so I suppose that particular apartment's electric bill may be quite cheap then. Thanks for the recommendations!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
>
Powered by Foreclosure.com
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top