Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 04:35 PM

8 posts, read 69,437 times

Advertisements

There were these 2 horrible killings in the early 1990s around the metrocenter area.I researched them on the internet and by looking at old articles from the phoenix gazette and the az republic on mircofiche.Angela Brosso left her apartment around 7pm on nov.8,92 to go for her evening bike ride through cave creek park.4 and a half hours later,she was reported missing by her boyfriend who lived with Brosso at woodstone apartments.At 9am on nov 9,Brossos 22nd birthday,she was discovered decapitated and disembowled in the park at 25th avenue and cactus right next to the apartments.There were deep cuts to her chest and abdomen and it was later revealed the killer/killers tried to "skin" her like buffalo bill did in the film silence of the lambs.Some people reported seing a veichle on the night of the 8th in the park.Brossos walkman and 21 speed purple diamondback bicycle were never recovered.Brossos head was discovered by a mentaly disabled fisherman know as the "fisherking"just west of 1-17 and the arizona canal near metrocenter in a grate.In sept.93,a 17yo arcadiahigh junior,Melanie Bernas was found floating in the canal 100 yeard east of where Brossos head was discovered.Dna later linked the 2 killings and Melanies green spc hardrock sport bike was missing as well.Do you know about this case?Have any idea who did it? Brossos b.f.? A cult?

Last edited by cobbman; 09-16-2011 at 05:44 PM..

Old 09-16-2011, 06:12 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,738,170 times
Probably just some random serial killer

Old 09-19-2011, 09:39 PM

5,494 posts, read 6,411,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbman View Post
There were these 2 horrible killings in the early 1990s around the metrocenter area.I researched them on the internet and by looking at old articles from the phoenix gazette and the az republic on mircofiche.Angela Brosso left her apartment around 7pm on nov.8,92 to go for her evening bike ride through cave creek park.4 and a half hours later,she was reported missing by her boyfriend who lived with Brosso at woodstone apartments.At 9am on nov 9,Brossos 22nd birthday,she was discovered decapitated and disembowled in the park at 25th avenue and cactus right next to the apartments.There were deep cuts to her chest and abdomen and it was later revealed the killer/killers tried to "skin" her like buffalo bill did in the film silence of the lambs.Some people reported seing a veichle on the night of the 8th in the park.Brossos walkman and 21 speed purple diamondback bicycle were never recovered.Brossos head was discovered by a mentaly disabled fisherman know as the "fisherking"just west of 1-17 and the arizona canal near metrocenter in a grate.In sept.93,a 17yo arcadiahigh junior,Melanie Bernas was found floating in the canal 100 yeard east of where Brossos head was discovered.Dna later linked the 2 killings and Melanies green spc hardrock sport bike was missing as well.Do you know about this case?Have any idea who did it? Brossos b.f.? A cult?
I'm a huge True Crime fan and I haven't heard about this/these cases. Moderator cut: snip

Last edited by Kimballette; 09-21-2011 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: moved thread

Old 09-21-2011, 04:33 PM

419 posts, read 755,587 times
[mod cut-- quoting deleted post]
Moderator cut: off topic

I lived in the Phoenix area from 1972-2005. I remember the murders well but had forgotten the details. It was a front page sensational story for weeks in the newspaper. For a long time women avoided being out alone along that canal. The story finally just faded away. The crimes were never solved. Here is a link for more info:

Women cyclists' brutal murderer remains at large

Last edited by observer53; 09-21-2011 at 04:42 PM.. Reason: Edit 1: quote deleted post; Edit 2: off topic

Old 09-21-2011, 04:54 PM

I think it was brossos boyfriend who did it with the help of a friend.He was attending devry at 21st avenue and dunlap when both murders happend and that is just south of the canal.I think he had help from a classmate at the school or a friend at the apartment or nearby the area who helped him hide brossos head and her bike until the heat died down.The reason I think he had help was because there was a report of a car in the park the night of the murder,the police said in one of the articles that the decapitation didnt happen where her body was found and where is he going to hide the bike and the head? He wouldnt do it in the apartment because the cops must have searched it for evidence.Brossos co workers said that she was having problems with the boyfriend and she was planning on moving out.The boyfriend never was a suspect and never gave a dna sample,that shows you the detectives screwed up and they are the reason this case wasnt solved years ago.maybe Melanie would still be alive if they did there job instead of just asking the public for tips go after the obvious suspect.

Old 09-21-2011, 04:59 PM

86 posts, read 258,481 times
Yes, I remember these killings. It freaked me out so much that I couldn't even drive near I-17 and Cactus for the longest time (of course, I was pregnant and in my early 20's at the time too). I still think about it whenever I drive past those apartments where she lived.

I remember the news when they found "a head" floating in the canal near Golf N' Stuff (now Castles & Coasters), they couldn't confirm who's head it was...I kept thinking, "well, how many heads do they find in the canal? I'm sure it's that lady's head..."

Do you remember when they found a guy's dismembered leg in the dumpster behind Safeway (now Bookman's) at 19th Ave/Northern? Creepy!

Old 09-21-2011, 05:17 PM

No I dont,when was that?

Old 09-21-2011, 05:18 PM

800 posts, read 1,900,462 times
I remember that well, even though I didn't move here until '96. My first residence in Phoenix was Woodstone Apartments. I would walk my dog alongside the same canal the head was found. Until somebody at the apartment pool told me about the murders, that the apartment complex was nicknamed "Headstone", and that the murderer could do it again. I believe the boyfriend still lived there at the time, and some of the residents suspected him.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:19 PM

Did you here any other rumors about him or the murder?

Old 09-21-2011, 05:28 PM

86 posts, read 258,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbman View Post
No I dont,when was that?
The leg was around the same time frame...maybe 1993? 19th Ave/Northern is not so far from 25th Ave/Cactus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area