Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 12:44 AM

Location: A circle of Hell so insidious, infernal and odious, Dante dared not map it
623 posts, read 1,220,963 times

Advertisements

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but try this (link/source below):

[mod]snip[/mod

maps : Who's Your City? by Richard Florida

Last edited by Kimballette; 09-20-2011 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: Per the Terms of Service, please post original material only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 12:52 AM

36 posts, read 57,696 times
I just came from visiting Phoenix (potential job) for the first time ever and I did visit Scottsdale as recommended by a friend. And yes it has that Beverly Hills, Hollywood feel to it mixed with a small quiet area of say La Jolla in San Diego or Newport Beach (Orange County) for sure. Where the girls are hot and yeah if you can't "offer" them something, they (not most or all) wouldn't give you the time of the day. Now I'm not saying that I experienced that this weekend but I've been in places like The W Hotel so it was familiar territory.

With that said, I do know that Arizona women are just a hot and I'm sure most are down to earth. Just got know how to separate the good from the bad and ugly.

YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary.

P.S. - I live in the Brentwood section of LA, next to Santa Monica, and Westwood-UCLA and a few miles from Beverly Hills. So I have an idea of how Scottsdale would be.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:12 AM

324 posts, read 873,852 times
@ jaramill

What were the ratio's like at the clubs / bars / lounges ??

Was it an even mix of men and women...were there more guys than girls ??

No one seems to have an answer..

Old 09-20-2011, 01:33 AM

240 posts, read 417,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
@ Joanna76

thnx for the heads up. What about the ratio of single women between 21 - 40 ? Do you notice more women than men at the bars / clubs ?

I've seen some really nice condos and lofts in scottsdale and was wondering about the dating atmosphere for a single, muscular guy in his 30's with a 6 figure income.

You'd probably fit right in, but be careful of those women there. Lots of divas there, for real.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:36 AM

240 posts, read 417,365 times
Quote:
@ jaramill

Well, there are more men that hangout at the bars and clubs there (that I can remember, when I was there before). Most of the women come in later in the evening, near midnight.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:46 AM

36 posts, read 57,696 times
Quote:
@ jaramill

From what it seemed like at The W Hotel (remember I don't live in Phoenix, just was there on a business trip), it was a pretty even-mix (i.e. it wasn't a sausage factory). But that particular Saturday night even the security guys noted that it was a slow night due to the hot weather. I'm sure once it gets into fall and early winter when temps go down it'll be even cooler (at least for the desert).

But you'll be fine. If you've ever been to LA, that's what Scottsdale is (Hollywood, in the desert).

Old 09-20-2011, 05:37 AM

594 posts, read 693,790 times
To answer your question: There are WAY more girls than guys when you go to ANY bar or nightlife in the valley.

I used to live in the " ATL ", partied in Buckhead all the time. In Atlanta the ratio is terrible. Guys everywhere. And the women know they have the upper hand in Atlanta.

In Arizona, its flipped. The men have the upper hand, because there are so much variety here. Latina, White, Native American, Black, Filipina, etc etc.

You will always see groups of woman everywhere you go. restaurants, gyms, stores, nightlife...

And they are approachable.

OUT OF ALL THE COMPLAING YOU SEE IN CITYDATA ABOUT ARIZONA, YOU WANT FIND ONE COMPLINT ABOUT THE WOMEN OR RATIO OF MEN TO WOMAN IN ARIZONA.

P.S. When you get here,come back to City Data and complain about everything....we dont want the word to get out about our paradise.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:06 AM

150 posts, read 303,983 times
When I lived in Scottsdale I found that it was easier to meet women in places other than nightclubs/bars. Also if you think that your success with women is based on your physique or wealth, be in Scottsdale or anywhere else, you're going to be alone for a while.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:17 AM

11 posts, read 18,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexxxcblac View Post
To answer your question: There are WAY more girls than guys when you go to ANY bar or nightlife in the valley.

I used to live in the " ATL ", partied in Buckhead all the time. In Atlanta the ratio is terrible. Guys everywhere. And the women know they have the upper hand in Atlanta.

In Arizona, its flipped. The men have the upper hand, because there are so much variety here. Latina, White, Native American, Black, Filipina, etc etc.

You will always see groups of woman everywhere you go. restaurants, gyms, stores, nightlife...

And they are approachable.

OUT OF ALL THE COMPLAING YOU SEE IN CITYDATA ABOUT ARIZONA, YOU WANT FIND ONE COMPLINT ABOUT THE WOMEN OR RATIO OF MEN TO WOMAN IN ARIZONA.

P.S. When you get here,come back to City Data and complain about everything....we dont want the word to get out about our paradise.
Bingo....so true!

Old 10-25-2015, 11:12 AM

2 posts, read 1,648 times
I'm a 59 year old woman, am living in Portland , Ore and wanting to move. Az., Nev., or New Mexico are my targets.
What I would like to know is what employment, housing and the male-female ratio in my age bracket .
I am still very pretty, and attract 35 and up males. Thanks
CC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area