Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2007, 01:23 AM

8 posts, read 37,259 times

Advertisements

If you live in Tartesso or are moving here, there is a new website for the community to post get togethers, hear updates about the schools, post if you are have a business, really anything. The website address is

Myforums.org - The Best Forums Resources and Information. This website is for sale! (http://tartesso.myfreeforum.org - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 09:27 AM

1 posts, read 5,577 times
Actually, I am moving to Tartesso from PA. I am wondering, how many kids are in the neighborhood? The info I find online for Tartesso HS is very outdated. I have 2 HS age girls..........hoping for lots of friends in the neighborhood. Thanks for all replies!

Old 07-31-2008, 09:04 PM

4 posts, read 18,640 times
There is no high school here in Tartesso as of yet. Due to slow down of housing it will probably still be a few more years now. The elementary school is opening this month August. We will not even have a supermarket for time now. Your kids will have to go to Tonopah Valley High School which is 12 miles from Tartesso. They do have buses that come into Tartesso and pick up and drop off so you will not have to drive them unless you want to. If you do not want them to go there you can send them to Buckeye Union High which I would not recommend at all. Or you can drive them to Verrado High school which is about 15 miles away. Some are taking their kids to Verrado because they are stuck on the illusion that Verrado is upscale and prestiges. I hope when you move here you do not buy into the crap. Tartesso is just as nice. Verrado is unique in its style so many are caught up with the looks and their homes are way over priced but they have much smaller lots then Tartesso. As a matter of fact you cannot even have a pool in your backyard there because they are too small. Coming from PA. I am not sure if you are coming from the city but if you are you will appreciate Tartesso more because it is not bunched up like Verrado.

Everthing has been pushed back date wise due to housing slow down. We are going to have Tartesso Town Center an upscale mall that was suppose to break ground at the end of last year. I have just been informed from the builders that the project will not start now for at least 30 to 36 months. Again Tartesso is just as nice as Verrado and when finished will have stores, schools and other commercial sites all throughout the development.

Even though housing has slowed they for some strange reason starting to add more streets here in Tartesso. I guess they are planning for the future because this is going to be a major addition from what I can see.

Anyway I probably gave you more than you were asking for but I just want you and your family to be prepared and not surprised when you get here. In spite of the slow down on things you will still love it here.

Take Care

Old 08-01-2008, 08:39 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,335,318 times
Tartesso and the City of Buckeye have some great plans. The good thing about the area is that the plan to build extends for many years. This isn't a boom or bust concept but something that will eventually build out over the next 20 or so years. The hope is that the area will be the next up and coming thing on the map. We looked into the area but wanted more ammenities than they have to offer at this time. To tell you the truth I was ready to buy in the area and my wife prefered to be closer to our family in Surprise. My thoughts are that the area is a great area to buy and will eventually grow into a community that is self supporting, meaning jobs, schools and other ammenities. It will take time. Look at Surprise. They are just beggining to realize there potential. They also have a lot to do before people can truly say that they "Live, Work and Play" in Surprise. Over time that will happen for the Tartesso area as well.

Old 10-10-2008, 03:17 AM

27 posts, read 82,214 times
I love my house in tartesso...but I had it to do all over I would not buy here again. Nor would I reccomend it to anyone else.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:48 AM
CG4

20 posts, read 70,219 times
Um...regarding pools not being allowed in Verrado...both of my neighbors have pools as do about 15 other people/families I know that live in Verrado. While Verrado was overpriced originally, you can get a 3bd/2bath for $175k now (compared to $300k a couple years ago). Check the MLS. Just my 2 cents.

Old 09-05-2009, 01:51 PM

4 posts, read 13,871 times
I will be relocating to area from Panama. Lived in montana for 27 years, dont want to go back to cold. I have located 4 houses that we would like to see once we arrive(depends on selling home here). Two are on W Mitchell ave, one on Fairmount ave and the other297th ave. Only have one concern proximity to high tension power lines. Expect to get know arizona by kayake, car, motorcycle and now atv (long hikes are out now). feel that this area will be a good staging place to see country and 4 corners area, where house can be left for short periods of time.is desert around community private? what are you thoughts about area. dont mind longer drives to city for cultural events, nothing like 8-16 hour drives in montana to expierence them. retirede to panama 5 years ago thing it was my last adventure 62,000 miles later ready for another.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:38 AM

27 posts, read 82,214 times
I actually live around the corner from fairmount and the power lines pose no issue. I did some research on the radiation emitted from them and could find no evidence they shorten life expectancy. My wife and I drove to the four corners and yellowstone from here in may and had a great time. Montana is beautiful! I would definitely get a security system for your house( its probably pre-wired). Although I think this area is relatively safe you want to exercise caution. We did have a corrections officer murdered here last year by a couple of teens in a carjacking. Welcome to the neighborhood mate!

Old 09-07-2009, 01:16 PM

4 posts, read 13,871 times
Thanks for the reply, beautiful but after 27 years too cold. Also born in buffalo have just had enough of cold, will wowever go back for skiing and short winter visits. Thanks!

Old 09-07-2009, 09:25 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,250,592 times
Depending on where you work, Verrado may be a better choice. If you have to drive into Phoenix for work, for example, I seriously do not recommend living in Tartesso. You are talking about a two hour daily commute depending on traffic. If that is not of concern, then go for it. You can get some really nice homes for pretty good deals out there. There's no commercial businesses out there - no shopping, grocery store, drug store. To me, that would be a drag. Verrado is very affordable right now and depending on where you buy, the lots can be generous. I know PLENTY of people who have pools in their backyard so that is a serious misconception. I think the appeal of Verrado is that it's got a small town feel to it (even if it is kind of synthetic). Some people buy into it and others don't. If anything, you should at least look into it. The new homes are in smaller lots, however, so keep that in mind if you are looking to buy new or already-built. Or, if you have the money, there are million-dollar custom lots, too. Good luck!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area