Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 12:18 AM

264 posts, read 1,595,768 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about this area? How are the scools? Do the homes retain their value? Is it safe? How long would the commute be to downtown?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 12:20 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,161,525 times
That's an expensive area as it's a border to Paradise Valley and Scottsdale. How much are you looking to spend?

Old 08-25-2007, 12:24 AM

264 posts, read 1,595,768 times
Default price range acceptable

I am familiar with the price range and it will work, can you tell me about the area, schools, safety, commute, convenient to restarants, grocery, etc.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:34 AM

3,632 posts, read 16,161,525 times
Well, glad to hear your familiar with the price range. How long have you been researching this area??

I used to live just up the street from there and it's extremely safe (actually grew up in that area). If it wasn't safe then PV and Scottsdale wouldn't be there. It's a little more upscale and has a few restaurants, but easy access to more in every direction. I hear the schools are good, the more in Scottsdale you go. At the intersection, there's a Whole Foods, a Fry's, and a Safeway grocery. There's shopping on three corners. More shopping just a mile north, with a mall. It's an easy area for commuting, either getting to the 51 or staying on tatum (which turns into 44th st) going south and that gets you into more of a business district of Phx.

Overall, it's a great area. If you are in the PV side then the min home price is around $1 mil, Scottsdale will be a bit less, and Phx will be a little bit lesser. Oh, I guess you already know this.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:14 AM

48 posts, read 215,961 times
Yep it's a good area. I used to live at tatum and union hills - and I really enjoyed it. I don't think there's any place on tatum I didn't like...

Old 08-25-2007, 06:16 PM

376 posts, read 489,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolagirl View Post
I am familiar with the price range and it will work, can you tell me about the area, schools, safety, commute, convenient to restarants, grocery, etc.
This is actually a nice area. It is pretty safe, there is the 51 freeway pretty close, which will get you onto most of the other freeways. The schools are as good as you are going to get in AZ. (AZ is one of the worst schools in the nation consistantly thanks to the Republican majority who don't want to spend money on them) There are many services close by. Very good area in general. I used to live there for many years. I would recommend it if you had to live in the Phoenix area. Good luck to you.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:21 AM

253 posts, read 376,110 times
I'm a notorious basher of AZ, having left there, but if you have to live there, this is my 2nd favorite area after Arcadia. The only downsides are you're close to the high-crime area of NE Phoenix, and Scottsdale which has the #1 burglary rate in all of Arizona.

I personally loved it when I was single because the Tatum/Shea area has the biggest collection of extremely hot single women in the entire valley :-)

You will get a lot of phony snob types from P.V. and Scottsdale but overall it's a good part of the Valley if you have to live there.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:06 AM

2,783 posts, read 7,443,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolagirl View Post
Can anyone tell me about this area? How are the scools? Do the homes retain their value? Is it safe? How long would the commute be to downtown?

Thanks in advance.
It's a good area. Not too far from Downtown via 51, close to hiking trails in the Phoenix Mountain Preserve, close to Scottsdale, near PV Mall retail district, etc.

Old 08-26-2007, 06:16 PM

648 posts, read 3,089,331 times
it's a great area as far as phoenix goes, i live in the area you're close to all the things mentioned as well as kierland commons going east and desert ridge going north. the area is holding its value very well, no decline in prices in my neighborhood, up slightly from last year actually.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:28 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolaterie View Post
Yep it's a good area. I used to live at tatum and union hills - and I really enjoyed it. I don't think there's any place on tatum I didn't like...
Tatum south of McDonald gets nasty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area