U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 10:58 PM

29 posts, read 96,253 times

Advertisements

We are an early 30s professional couple (no children as of yet) relocating to Scottsdale, AZ. I will be doing training at Mayo Clinic and fiancee will be looking for job as general medicine doc. We would like to live in a happening area with great restaurants, parks, etc nearby. Don't want to live in a retirement community. Since we will be there for a year (unless we fall in love with the place)...we are looking to rent for that year. We can afford about 1500-1700/month. High rises are okay. Help us out. Would love to hear feedback.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 11:09 PM

221 posts, read 473,412 times
I found some really nice 2-bedroom apartments in premium complexes around Scottsdale Road and Frank Lloyd Wright when I was looking last year. They ran from $1200-$1400 per month and included a garage. That area has just about everything you're looking for.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:43 AM

1,271 posts, read 4,701,580 times
If you mean the Mayo Clinic in NE Phoenix there are tons of nice places in your budget. As a side note one thing you will not find in this area are high rise apartments. Most of the buildings are two or three story.

Basically any apartment around the area will fit your budget. Paragon at Kierland is nice. Kierland is a higher end mixed use live/work/play/dine/shop that is really nice. And there is now a sort of mirror development right across the street called Scottsdale Quarter that just opened in the last couple years (tho I don't think the originally proposed residential piece at Q has been built yet).

There are tons of nice apartments in the area. If you search posts under my name you can find more. Or send me a pm. I live in the area. Desert Club is nice also-I lived there for a few years. I think the complex the other poster mentioned is Pillar at Scottsdale.

Shade at Desert Ridge is also nice. Alexan Frank Lloyd Wright is just a few miles east.

In all the apartments I looked at Desert Parks Vista was the nicest at DC Ranch but the most expensive, a lot older demographic, and not quite as convenient to get to stuff as the others.

Recommend you come for a visit and hunt around. But in general it is a very nice area and you can't go wrong with whatever you pick.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:55 AM

4,192 posts, read 12,222,068 times
are you going to be at the Mayo way out Shea or the one near Tatum and 101 near Desert Ridge area???...

do you want to be really close to work or is a 20-30 minute drive OK?....

the area around downtown Scotts is very nice, walkable to an extent, and has the stuff you're asking for....the large (long and thin) Indian Bend greenbelt/park is well-known and a great thing for the area...."happening" bars and restaurants, 30-somethings, posers, tourists, self-important people, shopping, the whole bit....but it's a drive to the two Mayos....stay N of Osborn

Ivana's suggestions are always great, too.....walkable area, too, but not quite as "dense" an area as DT Scotts

Old 11-03-2011, 01:30 PM

203 posts, read 431,307 times
I work out at the Mayo in Scottsdale, have lived in Kierland, Greyhawk and now the Tatum/Shea area. I would strongly advise looking at some of the apartments around Kierland as that will be convenient to work, happening area around Kierland and the new development across the street..and close enough to Old Town if you want.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:32 PM

29 posts, read 96,253 times
I will actually be at the Mayo Clinic in Shea and at the Mayo Hospital. 20 mins drive is okay. Thanks everyone for the advice!!! Great posts.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:37 PM

7,286 posts, read 13,840,864 times
Kierland sounds like the place. It's not far from either the Shea or Mayo Blvd. location. I lived there for a few years. Great place to live.

Old 11-05-2011, 08:11 PM

3,764 posts, read 10,432,698 times
My favorite apartment place in that part of the Valley is The Residences on High Street.
4 story building but with a high rise sort of setup (parking garage, elevators and interior hallways...not the typical walk from the outside in) and they are VERY nice, originally built as $400,000+ condos that didn't sell so they turned them into rentals.

Apartments – Northeast Valley of Phoenix – The Residences on High Street

2 bedroom 2 bath units go for around $1650/month.

Apartments for Rent in Phoenix Arizona - Availability - The Residences on High Street Luxury Rentals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or