Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2007, 07:27 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times

Advertisements

"Downtown" Phoenix is going through a metamorphis - everyday it is changing - for the better. With Chase Field (Diamondbacks) and US Airways Arena (Phoenix Suns) in the middle of things, a whole new and vibrant area is taking shape - With the financial center in Downtown, City and County Government also, there is also a myrid of new resturants (gotta try "Cooperstown" - owned by Alice Cooper"), a newly redesigned Az Science Museum, a newly renovated and redesigned Herberger Theatre etc - Walking streets - no cars!

New residences of the "Urban" type - lofts, townhomes, condos -

Here is a link to tell you more

Copper Square in Phoenix: Information on Downtown Attractions and Happenings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2007, 05:25 PM

549 posts, read 1,558,782 times
Yeah, it's improving. It's got a ways to go yet, but I like how things are beginning to link together, particularly in and around the Chase Field, with the art galleries and science museum being nearby, and light rail linking them. If more restaurants begin to appear around the condos, some shady trees are planted, and if Patriot's Square is replaced by something a bit more interesting, I think Phoenix will actually begin to develop a real, walkable, downtown. It's a few years away yet, though.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:21 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,858,303 times
Yes, I'm starting to actually think Phx is going to have a REAL downtown, finally. I love the way it's starting to look from a skyline POV. Definately need some good restaurants. I did find a fun new one...it's on 4th ave and Filmore (I think)...it's called Palatte. It's in a lovely old house with a lot of outdoor patio seating. Only been open for 6 weeks, so I think they are still tweaking the menu, service, etc. I had a nice lunch there a few days ago. Gotta try their orange, cranberry, white chocolate bread pudding. For $2.97 it was fantastic.

It's fun to see the area changing so rapidly.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:59 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,579,178 times
I've never been a fan of Phoenix (or much of the Sunbelt for that matter), but I must admit that I'm blown away by Copper Square and the promise it holds for the future of your city! This project truly holds the key to transforming Phoenix from currently being the laughing-stock of America's largest cities to being one of its premier ones, and that's something you should all be proud of!

Perhaps what impresses me the most about this ambitious project is the proposed commuter rail link between Copper Square, Sky Harbor International Airport, and ASU/Tempe. Greater Phoenix suffers from gridlocked roadways, and promoting more mass transit options can only be a good idea to take some of these vehicles off of the streets as people instead opt to take a train, bus, trolley, (or even subway).

Seeing the proposed revitalization of Patriot Square and the surrounding blocks into an inviting urban oasis of greenery likewise makes me smile, as does the prospect of hundreds of new residents moving into the downtown area to help transform it from its current 9-5 blandness into a true 24/7 thriving metropolis. Phoenix seems to have a bright future ahead of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: