U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 12:32 PM

22,959 posts, read 23,919,504 times

Advertisements

The Snowbirds are leaving.... The Snowbirds are leaving! Unseasonably high temps seem to be sending many of 'em on their way a little early.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 12:46 PM

6,689 posts, read 8,014,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
The Snowbirds are leaving.... The Snowbirds are leaving! Unseasonably high temps seem to be sending many of 'em on their way a little early.
Not yet. The ice is still on the northern MN lakes. I'll call the dock guys up to load everything in by May 1st. In July, we will get the people from southern states coming up to cool off. If I see any AZ plates, I will do my best to make them feel as unwelcome as possible. I'll be thinking of C-D.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:53 PM

7,074 posts, read 5,387,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
Everyone should just step back a little, be considerate of our fellow human beings and relax.

What is the big deal if we have to wait a few seconds if someone is blocking the aisle? Are we really in that much of a hurry that small things like that should upset us?

It isn't like we're on the freeway; we're in a store, and people are shopping. If I want to pass someone who is blocking the aisle all I have to do is wait a second and they see me. They smile and say excuse me, and they move over.

Don't sweat the small things. Life is too short. Be polite, relax, and don't get an ulcer.

And by the way, I know of no way to tell if a person in a store is a snowbird. They don't wear signs on their backs; and grey hair and age are not limited to snowbirds. Ask me how I know!!!

Stop walking in the shade. Walk on the sunny side of the street. Smile, and the world will smile with you.
I think this older post says it well.

And a reminder to any of us who travel/spend times in other locales, how do you like to be treated when you are the visitor?

Old 04-03-2015, 01:19 PM

5,629 posts, read 4,550,310 times
We treat the snowbirds well, but have the right to complain about how they drive bad, clog the roads/restaurants/attractions/etc. hahaha Its not like we shun them or treat them like red-headed stepchildren, we just grumble amongst ourselves, thats all.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:32 AM

22,959 posts, read 23,919,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Not yet. The ice is still on the northern MN lakes. I'll call the dock guys up to load everything in by May 1st. In July, we will get the people from southern states coming up to cool off. If I see any AZ plates, I will do my best to make them feel as unwelcome as possible. I'll be thinking of C-D.
Having been a full time RV'er I've experienced what being a Snowbird is all about (or Aboot depending on where you're from ).

Everywhere I've ever lived people have grumbled about tourists/snowbirds and rarely do they admit that some of the locals can be as bad or worse.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Everywhere I've ever lived people have grumbled about tourists/snowbirds and rarely do they admit that some of the locals can be as bad or worse.
That's not true. We all know that the bad drivers are from out of state. The lines in the winter have nothing to do with the weather is beautiful and more locals are out and "aboot" (just as the northern state areas restaurant wait times are longer in the summertime than the winter). The problems is obviously the tourists and snowbirds. Once I change my licence plate to AZ, all of a sudden I'm going to be a good driver and welcome addition to the increased congestion; all yearround.

Old 04-06-2015, 03:25 PM

5,230 posts, read 3,568,550 times
Quote:
Once I change my licence plate to AZ, all of a sudden I'm going to be a good driver and welcome addition to the increased congestion; all yearround.
Nope! We'll STILL know who you are by the way you drive! C ey? N ey? D ey?

Old 04-06-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Nope! We'll STILL know who you are by the way you drive! C ey? N ey? D ey?
You are a little slow. I'm a Minnesotan (note my username). Minnesota is in the USA. Just in case, New Mexico isn't part of Mexico either.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:58 PM

1,133 posts, read 1,228,252 times
Quote:
Hahaha!!! At this point any hate from my end is jealousy. You guys don't have to spend the summer here .
Although I absolutely love cold weather and don't get why so many pay so much to escape it. Hell I was in Flagstaff at 12 degrees in a Tshirt and loving life earlier this year.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcajones View Post
Hahaha!!! At this point any hate from my end is jealousy. You guys don't have to spend the summer here .
Although I absolutely love cold weather and don't get why so many pay so much to escape it. Hell I was in Flagstaff at 12 degrees in a Tshirt and loving life earlier this year.
Re: winters. Flagstaff is childs-play (higher elevation, more sun, not bitter cold, and shorter season). Now give northern MN a try though the dead of winter. It starts up late November and hangs on well into March. There is 60% cloud cover, occasional bitter winds, 120" of snow to shovel and drive though, times when the high is minus 5 degrees etc. Apples-oranges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area