U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2012, 01:25 PM

10 posts, read 29,132 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to opening a gently used trendy clothing store in the Mesa/Chandler/Gilbert area. There seem to be a lot of malls and power strips. Anyone have a good idea of how teens shop around here? Which mall would be the best? Thanks in advance!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 02:11 PM

8,390 posts, read 10,855,902 times
My grandteens shop mostly online now as does their mother but when she goes to a mall it's usually a large mall. I would think any small clothing store would do better next to a Target, Ross or other store with like clothing in the strip mall. That way if people are looking for clothing they will stop in.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:27 PM

17,848 posts, read 40,254,161 times
Used clothing won't work in a regular mall-- the rent would be too high, for one thing. Strip malls or maybe one of the power centers, but PoppySead is right, it would need to be near other stores that sell clothing.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:36 PM

1,533 posts, read 1,492,525 times
Check out My Sister's Closet. The closest one I know of is in Chandler on Alma School and Queen Creek, NE corner. You can find some amazing stuff and on Saturday they are having their Spring stuff come out.

Otherwise, Chandler Fashion or San Tan are you best best for the teens to hang out at for shopping.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:33 AM

1,232 posts, read 2,956,211 times
Buffalo Exchange near ASU is popular.

Not to dissuade you but a lot of teens I know balk at the thought of buying used clothing. They seem to mostly go through that "must wear THE latest label" phase. Of course, if they can't afford an Aeropostale wardrobe and mom finds them the stuff at a used shop...

Old 01-27-2012, 11:54 AM

33 posts, read 72,410 times
I have a 14 year old girl, and a 13 year old son. Luckily, my daughter is not above buying gently used clothes. She has done the math, and realizes you get more for the money if you buy used. We both like Platoes Closet, which I think there are only two in the Phoenix area....Scottsdale and Chandler. Very slim pickings in my opinion for a city this size. We would welcome another "teen" clothing store, but as previous posters said, make sure you stock those "labels" that are so important to the younger generation. Last time we visited Plato's Clost (Chandler), they were very busy. Had to wait on a dressing room several times. Their store is small and overcrowded with items. My son? Wouldn't dream of shopping gently used.....so I buy gently used and fib to him.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:16 PM

932 posts, read 1,830,726 times
We teens love to shop at Gap, American Eagle, Buckle, at our malls here in the East Valley. Superstition, Fiesta, Chandler, or San Tan. I'd suggest San Tan though if out of any in the East Valley, a faux urban town with tons of shopping. Nice area, always a lot of people. But might I suggest Mill Avenue in Tempe, as it is probably "The" street to hang out on weekends. Yes, if you didn't already guess, I'm a teen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area