U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2007, 02:55 PM
SMG SMG started this thread

490 posts, read 1,046,514 times

Advertisements

I am in the middle of pool construction and have a quick question. Originally, I nixed the idea of a heater for this pool. I do not have gas at the house, only electric. A quick question for you pool owners...
If you do have a heater...

1.) What type of heat?
2.) what is it costing you monthly to heat your pool?
3.) If heating, do you swim all year?

I am starting to wish that maybe we had put a heater in but I am not certain...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 08:37 PM

36,690 posts, read 46,933,011 times
Check out a swimming pool heat pump. You can cool the water in summer too with it. With a time of day electric plan its cheap to operate. On the larger question of whether to heat at all, I know very few people who even want to use their pools in winter. The air here is very dry and you just freeze when you get out of the pool. 70's here is cold once you get adjusted.

A much better option is a spa. Winter mornings and evening are perfect for soaking in the old hot tub with a fire in the chiminea. The ones built into the pool are not very good because they have few jets, but you can heat the pool with the equipment when your relatives come to town. You can always add a portable to your backyard oasis.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:26 AM
SMG SMG started this thread

490 posts, read 1,046,514 times
thanks...that is kind of where my thoughts have been. WE do have an in ground spa already that will not be connected to the pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area