Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 08:28 AM

19,470 posts, read 28,036,197 times

Advertisements

You're not going to like my answer, but Goodwill has been taking over lots of these grocery stores and doing very well with them. They don't just concentrate on lower income areas anymore. They are actively seeking a location in Ocotillo right now. Is there already one within 5-10 miles?

Old 03-11-2012, 06:43 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,120,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
You're not going to like my answer, but Goodwill has been taking over lots of these grocery stores and doing very well with them. They don't just concentrate on lower income areas anymore. They are actively seeking a location in Ocotillo right now. Is there already one within 5-10 miles?
Do you mean they want a regular store in Ocotillo? They already have the drop off center, which I use alot, next to the vacant Target at Alma School and Queen Cr. The nearest store is at Walmart center on AZ ave. Maybe they could take part of the Target and turn it into a Goodwill. I wish they would put something there. I don't go to the new Target at all anymore.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,077 times
The area around this site is experiencing a major housing development boom. It is an ideal site for a major or speciality food market. Today I spotted some action over at this site and wonder if anyone knows what's up?

Old 07-04-2012, 07:51 PM

168 posts, read 458,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahakate View Post
The area around this site is experiencing a major housing development boom. It is an ideal site for a major or speciality food market. Today I spotted some action over at this site and wonder if anyone knows what's up?
Yeah, builders are throwing up houses in that area almost as quickly as they were pre-housing bust. Amazing. I hope that's a sign that real estate values will continue to improve...

Old 07-05-2012, 04:28 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,378,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
There's a Sprouts approx. 3 miles north of there, right on Val Vista. I think Whole Foods & Sprouts vie for the same clientele, so it's probably not in anyone's best interest to open a Whole Foods at that particular location.
I'm no fan of Whole Foods, but comparing them to Sprouts is like comparing the New York Yankees to the Chicago Cubs. Yes, they both play baseball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area