U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2007, 02:51 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,393,536 times

Advertisements

The title of the thread says it all. I'm gonna be like the guy on YouTube who went off on the Britney haters.
YouTube - LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE! Hey you Phoenix haters stop with your non-stop trashing of PHX. It's a great area and many people love living there. Just b/c you didn't enjoy your time there or you are not enjoying your time there doesn't mean that you should crap all over the city. No city is perfect but Phoenix isn't the worst city out there. It has external beauty, wonderful weather (yes I like the summers), people who are open and communicative, beautiful women, a laid back lifestyle, nice restaurants, great shopping, highways and roads that are well maintained, an economy that is decent, wages that are decent, nightlife that is fun. The cultural aspects may not be up to that of Chicago, but it certainly isn't down there with some podunk city in Nebraska. I enjoyed my 2.5 years in PHX and I would still be living there if I had a choice. Try opening your eyes and seeing what a wonderful city you have in front of you. Enjoy b/c there are a bunch of people like myself who wish that we could.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 03:01 PM

235 posts, read 880,770 times
I agree and have enjoyed living here for 10 years. I don't understand the haters and I suspect many of them are not very happy people. I grew up in Chicago, the climate and lack of outdoor opportunities didn't suit me and I moved on. I immensely enjoy hiking and mountain biking in the deserts and mountains of Arizona. However, unlike the haters, I don't degrade and ridicule the people of or the city of Chicago, nor do I feel compelled to hang out in the Chicago forums spewing negativity and warning people not to move there. There are many different kinds of places for many different kinds of people. If you've moved on from AZ and yet you're still obsessing about it and cheering for it's demise you may want to take a few steps back and re-evaluate your priorities. Hateful and negative is no way to live your life.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:02 PM

3,632 posts, read 15,356,144 times
Thanks for the post! When I first found this site last year I hated Phx. But the more the haters bashed it, the more I started seeing the good things. I opened my eyes and started liking more and more of my surroundings. Sure, I definitely have my complaints, but on the whole I don't think it's a terrible place to live. I really believe it's what you make of it. And, I do LOVE the natural beauty. Oh, the sunsets!! The mountains that surround us are gorgeous. The big, blue sky! The tons of new buildings everywhere. The downtown that is coming alive, or will be in the near future. The beautiful landscapes. The gorgeous mansions on the mountainsides. Some days I'm in awe of what I see.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:20 PM

338 posts, read 1,544,153 times
Here here! I love Phoenix! I have lived here for 28 years (since I was 8 years old) and I think it's a great place to live. Sure, there are good and bad things just like any other city. But I think the good definitely out weighs the bad.

For the HATERS... if this is such a bad place to live- then why are there more than 100,000 people moving here each year?

Old 09-14-2007, 03:40 PM

599 posts, read 2,178,110 times
I agree! Points for all of you!

We've lived in quite a few other states, and we always found things we liked. We believe people should view their moves as new adventures, find/notice the nice things about their areas, and enjoy their lives. Life is too short not to enjoy God's wonderful creation and the many gifts he gives us each and every day!

Old 09-14-2007, 04:03 PM

35,272 posts, read 45,368,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
Thanks for the post! When I first found this site last year I hated Phx. But the more the haters bashed it, the more I started seeing the good things. I opened my eyes and started liking more and more of my surroundings. Sure, I definitely have my complaints, but on the whole I don't think it's a terrible place to live. I really believe it's what you make of it. And, I do LOVE the natural beauty. Oh, the sunsets!! The mountains that surround us are gorgeous. The big, blue sky! The tons of new buildings everywhere. The downtown that is coming alive, or will be in the near future. The beautiful landscapes. The gorgeous mansions on the mountainsides. Some days I'm in awe of what I see.
I have undergone the same transformation. I came to C-D forum researching anywhere but here to live. As I read the bashers, I found myself saying "That is not true. It's really such and such." Eventually I started to see the such and such. I still think about leaving, but because I just don't like cities - any city. I would never move anywhere with more than 30K or so people again. But my eyes have been opened to all we have here. I quit complaining, accepted the heat, got off the couch a lot more this year and went out and discovered AZ all over again.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:06 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,052,333 times
I love Phoenix. More Golf courses and Cigar Shops then an average guy like me needs.

I'm in my mid thirties and enjoying a nice leisure life here in the Valley of the Sun. You do not have to be old to enjoy it!!

Old 09-14-2007, 05:33 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,585,472 times
I lived in Mesa for six years. The area is nice the only problem is there in not much to do if you don't play golf or like malls. I will say the park system is one of the best i have ever seen though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: