Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 07:03 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,061,092 times

Advertisements

HOA fees are approx. $110 per month. The homes are probably about 3 miles from the railroad tracks, and about the same distance from Phoenix-Mesa Gateway airport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 06:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,346 times
I have lived in Cooley Station North for almost two years. We got the house from clients of ours that bought several years ago when the houses were first being built. We have the four bedroom, three bathroom with the three car garage. My three children go to schools in the Higley district and I am a member of the Gateway Pointe PTO. I absolutely love it here. We are so excited that the Cooley junior high is being built in the neighborhood! If there is a train close by....I have never heard it. The airport is close by but the airplanes don't bother us and you will barely notice them after a bit. We have great neighbors and the neighborhood HOA is on top of everything here. I never knew I would love this part of the valley so much!

Old 02-21-2013, 01:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,257 times
Cooley Station North. I have lived here 5 years almost and will rant now.

Dog crap everywhere there is grass. Kids cant play in the green areas. Dog poo bags never stocked and only a few signs to warn people about picking up after their pets. A few residents I have seen will use bags but then drop the bags on the ground for someone else to pick up. One couple in particular have been doing this for months and the bags have built up along the walking paths. Some of the residents even walk their dogs on the farm property next door and allow their dogs to defecate there so no place can be enjoyed, even you stray from the beaten path. It like walking through a mine field.

The air quality is horrible. Being surrounded by working farms, the air usually smells like various fertilizers which will fill your whole home even when not running the AC.

Just when you thought the air was clean enough to open and window or sit out on the back patio, you will have to put up with your neighbors dogs barking all day long. Im not talking about a few barks here and there, Im talking about non-stop yipyapping at anything that moves or makes a noise. Here in Gilbert, you need at least 2 residents from different households to file a noise complaint against a resident and their dog(s). The size of the backyards and close proximity of the homes to each other makes this like living in a condo or apartment. I dont smoke but am constantly subjected to it from my neighbors who do. Again, you cant open a window or be outside in your yard without having to deal with these issues.

The pools are often crowded and in use by college kids who like to party and destroy our property. Many of them are not residents here and are trespassing. The recent rash of graffiti and vandalism gave way to us getting some security guards who now have to patrol the area because people cant be trusted here including the residents.

Some of the empty homes lots are getting ugly with broken gates, overturned satellite dish and the like. Meanwhile they are building new homes and the rest of the community isnt even being taking care of the way it should. At this point, I will probably sell and get the hell out while I can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area