Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 01:59 PM

3 posts, read 11,566 times

Advertisements

I am not now living in the Phoenix area. However, I want to buy a house in Gilbert.

Trend homes, i.e. the builder, is building new houses at Cooley Station North, Gilbert, 85296. Their 4-bed 2.5-bath 3-car-garage ~2600-sq. feet to-be-built house is asking for ~$180,000. It is a good deal in the sense of the price of per sq. feet. However, it seems that their houses have not being sold as fast I expected, under the condition of the current heated housing market around the Phoenix area.

Does anyone know the reason? Is there anything that I should be aware of about this new development?

Last edited by JasonMNJ; 04-17-2012 at 02:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 03:00 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,357,885 times
I don't know; maybe because it is in the Higley School District?

Higley was rated an "A" by the Arizona Department of Education and was sixth in the state in AIMS results for 2011, but unfortunately, the general public doesn't seem to view Higley as good as the Chandler and Gilbert districts despite Higley outperforming the Gilbert district in 2011.

Our community (Freeman Farms) is divided between the Higley and Chandler districts. North of Ocotillo is in the Higley district, south of Ocotillo is in the Chandler district. However, students on the north side of Freeman Farms can legally attend Chandler schools if parents provide their own transportation, and those on the south side can legally attend Higley schools under the same condition.

Perhaps because Freeman Farms gives parents and students the choice of two districts (Higley or Chandler), this could be why Freeman Farms is selling reasonably well (due to having the Chandler district option).

Old 05-07-2012, 07:08 PM

Default Things changed

I think my impression that their sales were slow was not accurate. In fact, it seems that their sales have been so good that the house price increased about $12k in two weeks. Anyway, I think the market there has been a little crazy. Originally, I bought this house as a hedge. Now it seems that this will be the only place that I like and still be affordable.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:17 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,449,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMNJ View Post
I think my impression that their sales were slow was not accurate. In fact, it seems that their sales have been so good that the house price increased about $12k in two weeks. Anyway, I think the market there has been a little crazy. Originally, I bought this house as a hedge. Now it seems that this will be the only place that I like and still be affordable.
So you bought the house? Your first post didn't say that. Hope all works out fine, good luck!

Old 05-08-2012, 04:04 PM

168 posts, read 456,893 times
Have you visited the area? I feel like there are train tracks somewhere in the vicinity of that neighborhood, but I can't remember exactly where they are. If it's nearby, that might be impacting home sales. Just an idea....

Old 05-08-2012, 06:04 PM

Default I bought one there

Yes, I bought one there about three weeks ago.
I think the one close to the train track is "Cooley Station". This one is called "Cooley Station North".

Old 05-09-2012, 12:35 AM

2,879 posts, read 7,784,676 times
sounds pretty cheap. I was on the Pulte website and they had new homes in Florence for 99K. It goes to 190 pretty quickly, as in the builders are up to their old tricks.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 3,550 times
Cooley Station North, plan 1202.2 that you refer to here, 4 bed, 2.5 bath, 2,584 sq ft was offered at 202, 950 upto july 31, and after that 209.950 is the current phase. i hope you bought at 180k in April. i believe in june it may have been at 191,950.

i think it's inflated in pricing and likely will come back down.
builder is making home ready for february 2013 at the moment.
they have lots of demand here, and it's fast selling. however, i do believe there will be a cool off, and you may get a second chance to buy again.

the builder is not giving any incentives! no credits towards upgrades. only closing costs and that too if you get their preferred lender financing. not much incentive to come here, but their sq ft pricing is low.

however, upgrades will add on another 15-20K to the price of the home and comes out of your pocket. remember to factor these in when do your calculations.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:34 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,060,546 times
Cooley Station North is building like crazy! I understand Fulton Homes purchased some of the lots in there, but have not started builing yet. I think the amenities are quite nice, for the HOA fee. Three community pools - one is heated in the winter, plus a couple of playgrounds. Some homes are up against the north side of the 202, but the sound wall seems to to a good job.

Old 08-17-2012, 06:49 PM

211 posts, read 544,414 times
with 3 community pools , there Hoa fee must be over $100 a month.

The homes look nice but not sure if those are the homes being built near the Railroad tracks, if so could be why there cheaper due to hearing all the trains going by always.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area