Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 02:29 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,786,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normcrok8 View Post
You can rule out Surprise. It is specifically a retirement community and, by city law, only people 55+ can live there. No children are allowed. Sorry.

Nonetheless, have you ever been to AZ? Have you ever spent a significant amount of time there? Ever been there in the summer? Do you have a GOOD job lined up? You will be in for a rude awakening both ways. June is not the best time of year to move. I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend U research AZ before making the move. There are numerous people who move there for a better life, only to discover its worse than where they came from, and then move back. I'm just saying.........
Where did you get that information...just curious. You must mean Sun City, and even Sun City has a family neighborhood. However, most of Sun city is age restricted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 10:50 PM

7 posts, read 14,503 times
Thank you for all the input!!!!
As far as GCC, thats one of only I think 2 schools that offer in-house program for Diagnostic sonographer-so it looks like that is our only choice.
How is the commute to downtown Phoenix, where the county buildings/courts located?
I understand there are satellite offices, but if I narrow search to Goodyear/Surprise area what's my commute time looking like?

Old 04-22-2012, 07:35 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,786,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRamos View Post
Thank you for all the input!!!!
As far as GCC, thats one of only I think 2 schools that offer in-house program for Diagnostic sonographer-so it looks like that is our only choice.
How is the commute to downtown Phoenix, where the county buildings/courts located?
I understand there are satellite offices, but if I narrow search to Goodyear/Surprise area what's my commute time looking like?
My son lives in Surprise and it took him 30 min to get down to GCC and now 20 min to Estrella. Not a bad drive at all.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:14 PM

Thank you all for your input. We will be there soon, counting down the days....

Old 05-15-2012, 12:15 AM

44,700 posts, read 61,874,800 times
You might want to use the services of a local realtor. Does'nt cost you anything and they can answer all of your questions and find you a decent house near GCC. Then when you get here you'll have a better understanding of what to do and a boat load of good information. And since you're comming in June, the heat will be on and you and your family may not want to endure a lot of running around looking and the realtor could have several places for you already lined up.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:20 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,265,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normcrok8 View Post
You can rule out Surprise. It is specifically a retirement community and, by city law, only people 55+ can live there. No children are allowed. Sorry.
Yeah, don't know where you got that info but it is not the case at all as Surprise is a HUGE family community with lots of kids and no age requirements. You may be thinking of Sun City West or Sun City Grand which are near Surprise and age restricted.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:48 AM

81 posts, read 290,431 times
I live in Buckeye,AZ I choose the west park community bc they have a high rated elementary school. The area is slow paced, nice and clean. I really like it here a lot, it beats where I use to live. If you moved to westpark and have a highschool aged children we are zoned in youngker high school which is a very good high school, has high ratings itself. Buckeye is not a far communte from phoenix, but when traffic gets backed up it makes it seem like the drive is forever. Buckeye is a small town but it isn't, the layout its spread out so far out kinda hard to tell where it begins and ends. If you are in a higher price range and can afford it Verrado is a community in Buckeye just north of I10, and they have the top of the line public Schools and community recreation center however its ext pricey. I'm content with westpark community and their school systems tho.Goodyear,az has litchfield park as an ext desired area with top rated schools, east of verrado . And goodyear had estrella mountain community which when it comes to the schools and home prices...runs neck to neck with verrado they also have the very best.check out the link:
Greatschools.org type in name of the city you can see the school stats yourself.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:57 AM

446 posts, read 712,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
You are completely wrong. Surprise is not a retirement community.
Surprise is not a retirement community. It's close to Sun City and Sun City West which are, so it's an easy mistake to make.

Peoria is nice.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:57 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,181,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS35a View Post
Surprise is not a retirement community. It's close to Sun City and Sun City West which are, so it's an easy mistake to make.

Peoria is nice.
Well, easy as in all those cities start with the letter "S" and are on the west side.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:21 PM

Yes, I have been narrowing down my search areas to Surprise, Goodyear, Buckeye, and Litchfield Park. My main concern is crime, and schools. Even though I am a renter, I want to be in area that has a very family-friendly and community oriented.
We will be at Luke Airforce Base until we find the right fit for us.
Can anyone suggest some good realtors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area