Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 04:27 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,753,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
You are completely wrong. Surprise is not a retirement community.
No Surprise is not a retirement community and lots of families live there.
Again, Glendale, Litchfield and Peoria might be places to consider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 12:08 PM

2,250 posts, read 1,398,986 times
If you're worried about crime check out CrimeMapping.com - National Map

**Keep in mind that not every police department reports. Surprise, Peoria and Glendale do but Phoenix does not. So the map will look like it's not showing a lot of crime but there is definitely more.**

Last edited by Shadow Dude; 05-17-2012 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: Note to OP

Old 05-23-2012, 07:45 PM

7 posts, read 14,503 times
Hello again.....its 35 days until we arrive in Phoenix, and we are very excited. We have been stationed overseas in South Korea for the last 2 years.
Thank you to those of you who sent me info on potential realtors for renting a home.
Has anyone tried Desert Edge Property Management?

Old 05-23-2012, 08:11 PM

777 posts, read 1,340,740 times
I live in Surprise; it is very nice and has a nice family oriented feel, and feels safe to live out here. I've heard the Dysart district is pretty good as far as schools go. There was a publishment earlier this year of school ratings around here... lots of Dysart rated a B, with a few A's.

I'd check into the following cities: Litchfield Park, Avondale, Surprise, Peoria, and Goodyear. Parts of El Mirage are very un-ideal and crime ridden, but the areas of it that border Surprise and Glendale are fairly newer communities. We rented there for a year and it wasn't horrible. It's not as nice as Surprise, but you WILL be able to find a 4/2 house in your rent range there, that is near the schools and would be a much closer drive to the two community colleges, than living in west Surprise, Goodyear, or Peoria would offer. southeast ends of Surprise may also have good options for your rent range, and are again, nearly 10 minutes closer to those colleges than west Surprise. (West Surprise is much nicer, in my opinion, but it adds 10 minutes to commute). Litchfield Park is my favorite city out here, close to everything (especially both highways), but it is the toughest to find homes available in. But if you do some intensive rental hunting, I'd suggest you be open to checking out what is offered in all those cities and viewing pictures and even and using google satelite to see how it looks. (Good satelite is a nearly 4+ years out of date, but it offers some general good views of what neighborhoods look like and if there's parks around and so on; do keep in mind there have been developments everywhere though).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area