Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 11:33 AM

1,477 posts, read 4,409,231 times

Advertisements

And we were at 75 when you were at 110. I enjoyed that.

At least when it's cold I can put on a coat. I could be naked and still be hating life when it's 110+.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 12:49 PM

611 posts, read 2,310,715 times
To all, yes, the weather here is wonderful!

vegaspilgrim, best wishes to you in Tucson. It is very beautiful there with lots of nature things to see and do. Be aware though, Tucson gets more rain than Phoenix, and thus more street flooding. Based upon what we've seen there, we would only live in the nicer areas of town....and unfortunately, homes in those areas are more expensive than Phoenix. Hope you find what you're looking for.

bigjdotcom01, it figures for the weather to change just as your pool is getting completed. Hopefully you got a pool heater so you can enjoy it this fall and winter.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:21 PM

153 posts, read 563,728 times
As these posts reveal...It's ALL relative.

We moved here from Charlotte NC the beginning of April and it's was already too warm for me. Moving in was terribly uncomfortable and so draining by day's end that April 3, I HAD to turn on the air so that my body could function properly. Of course, I got my share of ribbing for that from the locals. Apparently, it's a competitive challenge to see how long you can go into the Spring/Summer without turning on the AC. Some tried to console me by saying there was an unseasonably warm spell the beginning of April. It was very sweet of them since I didn't really know hot till unseasonably hot and humid July/August rolled around.

But this summer Charlotte saw drought conditions with Phoenix temperatures and 90% humidity day after day. Then I was grateful to be here in the desert while my friends sweat it out in the South. Like I said, it's all relative.

As as someone who is committed to being here for the next 4 years, I'll take this cool break for the blessing it is. But the AC won't see a break until that mid-October turn that everyone speaks of as if it were a holy day.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:25 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,370,064 times
Have to say I have to laugh (goodheartedly) at all these folks cheering the fact that it's cooled down enough to enjoy the weather. Here at my house in Seattle it's a cloudy, damp 57 right now. Turned the heat on for the first time yesterday morning and it's been on ever since - and from the looks of our extended forecast, summer weather may be gone for good. Personally I could use a bit of that heat you folks are complaining about. Seems like you "good" weather is just starting as ours comes to an end. Wouldn't be so bad actually except that there wasn't a whole lot of it this summer as it was.

Looking forward to retirement in Arizona (a few years out yet, unfortunately).

Ken

Old 09-18-2007, 02:34 PM

435 posts, read 1,577,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
One man's treasure is another man's trash. In my case, Boston is my trash, at least when it comes to weather. But in many other ways, a very beautiful place to visit.
Boston's about a million times nicer, more exciting and interesting a city than Phoenix, I don't care what the weather is.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:17 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,616,474 times
Quote:
Boston's about a million times nicer, more exciting and interesting a city than Phoenix, I don't care what the weather is.
For you...

For Me:

I do not want to live on the East Coast. I have zero interest in Boston. I hate cold weather.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:33 PM

371 posts, read 1,009,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin View Post
Temp in Phoenix right now:

86 with a predicted high of 95!!!! Some fall.
Phoenix Weather Forecast and Conditions Arizona
When you are unfortunate enough to live through the 6 month plus summers in Phoenix you NEED to celebrate the 5 minutes the temp actually breaks 80 in September/October days... Too bad most people are actually sleeping during this time...lol

Old 09-18-2007, 04:34 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,334,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Joy View Post
vegaspilgrim, best wishes to you in Tucson. It is very beautiful there with lots of nature things to see and do. Be aware though, Tucson gets more rain than Phoenix, and thus more street flooding. Based upon what we've seen there, we would only live in the nicer areas of town....and unfortunately, homes in those areas are more expensive than Phoenix. Hope you find what you're looking for.
Actually, it's doubtful I'm moving to Tucson. All I said was the only place I would consider remaining in AZ is Tucson. There's about an 80% chance I'm moving back to Denver (where I'm from). I love Arizona, but I've come to the conclusion that, for me at least, this is a better place to take a vacation during late fall/winter/early spring and soak up the warmth, whereas Denver is a better place to live year round. And even then, there's little reason why I'd want to "vacation" in Phoenix itself. I'd rather hang out in Sedona, the Grand Canyon, Lake Havasu, Flagstaff, Sabino Canyon/ Catalina mountains in Tucson, or the beautiful southeastern corner of the state. The ironic thing is, I've actually seen more of Arizona on family roadtrips out here when I was growing up in Denver than in the several years that I've actually been living here.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:43 PM

611 posts, read 2,310,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Actually, it's doubtful I'm moving to Tucson. All I said was the only place I would consider remaining in AZ is Tucson. There's about an 80% chance I'm moving back to Denver (where I'm from). I love Arizona, but I've come to the conclusion that, for me at least, this is a better place to take a vacation during late fall/winter/early spring and soak up the warmth, whereas Denver is a better place to live year round. And even then, there's little reason why I'd want to "vacation" in Phoenix itself. I'd rather hang out in Sedona, the Grand Canyon, Lake Havasu, Flagstaff, Sabino Canyon/ Catalina mountains in Tucson, or the beautiful southeastern corner of the state. The ironic thing is, I've actually seen more of Arizona on family roadtrips out here when I was growing up in Denver than in the several years that I've actually been living here.
I agree Denver is very nice too, and I wish you well there if that is where you end up going. It is interesting how people usually see more of an area if they're not living there because we've done that too.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:18 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,896,425 times
Imagine if your job required you to be in Phoenix or another hot/humid region, from April until October, then in a country in the southern hemisphere like Australia, from October until April... You'd never see cool weather. I knew of somebody who worked for UPS, and had to endure the summers of both Atlanta, GA, and Phoenix, then Darwin, in the hot and humid region of northern Australia, where it gets so humid from October until April, it can feel just as bad as our 110 degrees in July.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area