U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2012, 02:23 PM

2 posts, read 3,136 times

Advertisements

I am 30 I live in goodyear right how buy i want to move! i want to live when there is stuff to do! WILL NOT LIVE DOWNTOWN! I will pay up to 1,000 for 1bed room! what are the best apts in can live in?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 05:59 PM

20,524 posts, read 14,515,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward44i View Post
I am 30 I live in goodyear right how buy i want to move! i want to live when there is stuff to do! WILL NOT LIVE DOWNTOWN! I will pay up to 1,000 for 1bed room! what are the best apts in can live in?
That kind of money WILL get you a very nice place in both Scottsdale or Tempe.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:35 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,098,928 times
Tempe has lofts, apartments, and condominiums along and near Mill where there is a lot of nightlife.

Scottsdale has the same kind of choices in old town, only more expensive and closer to the plastic population.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:51 PM

7,285 posts, read 15,098,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward44i View Post
I am 30 I live in goodyear right how buy i want to move! i want to live when there is stuff to do!
You don't need to go all the way to Tempe or Scottsdale for more activity than Goodyear. [mod cut-- rude, nonresponsive]
But, you ought to be able to afford Tempe or Scottsdale, so you should be good.

Last edited by observer53; 05-07-2012 at 03:00 PM..

Old 05-09-2012, 09:46 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,098,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
You don't need to go all the way to Tempe or Scottsdale for more activity than Goodyear. [mod cut-- rude, nonresponsive]
But, you ought to be able to afford Tempe or Scottsdale, so you should be good.
I think that depends on where in Tempe or Scottsdale.

Tempe is mostly affordable but Scottsdale is a lot more high-priced for basically the same kind of living quarters.

From what I know about Goodyear, there isn't much activity except the standard shopping centers and master-planned communities, Tempe and Scottsdale have much more going on.

Old 04-12-2016, 12:43 AM

2 posts, read 2,405 times
I live with my parents in East Mesa, AZ, and have been commuting for my freshman year to the Tempe Arizona State University campus. This is starting to take a toll because, although I don't want to blow out of proportion a forty-five-minute commute, the vehicle I drive has terrible fuel economy. I am relatively confident I could secure a job in Tempe rather than the one I work in Mesa, so I think it might be reasonable to, within the next year, rent a studio apartment or find a roommate for a 2-bedroom in the ASU area.

The problem is, I'm not sure what to expect in terms of living expenses, and neither of my parents have been helpful approximating. I can handle living in a cheap, crappy apartment; I really don't mind, and in fact I don't expect to spend a whole lot of time there (I'm rarely home now, between working full-time and going to school full-time).

So can anyone come up with a reasonable range of what I would need to come up with at the end of a month to keep out of debt? Disregarding school, I've got a semi-list of expenses I can think of:
* Rent (studio vs. 1/2 the rent of a 2-bedroom?)
* Utilities if they are not included in rent (are they, typically? I don't know)
* Laundromat
* Food and toiletries for one (hopefully a little variety to throw in with the Ramen)
* I already know what my cell service will cost
* Internet is not necessary -- I can get free WiFi on campus
* Park

I am currently living in Ohio 30min east of Cleveland. My girlfriend and I have been talking about relocating to East or West Valley AZ. I am not familiar with the areas, I have been browsing the surrounding areas of East & West Valley. But unfortunately you only can get so much info..Basically I am trying to get someone's opinion on where are great affordable place in the valley would be? Also I would like to know some of the costs of living, like apartments,gas,smokes,food ect..Also any other information you can tell me about the valleys would be great!

Old 04-12-2016, 10:11 AM

1,525 posts, read 1,626,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdrummer1985 View Post
I live with my parents in East Mesa, AZ, and have been commuting for my freshman year to the Tempe Arizona State University campus. This is starting to take a toll because, although I don't want to blow out of proportion a forty-five-minute commute, the vehicle I drive has terrible fuel economy. I am relatively confident I could secure a job in Tempe rather than the one I work in Mesa, so I think it might be reasonable to, within the next year, rent a studio apartment or find a roommate for a 2-bedroom in the ASU area.

The problem is, I'm not sure what to expect in terms of living expenses, and neither of my parents have been helpful approximating. I can handle living in a cheap, crappy apartment; I really don't mind, and in fact I don't expect to spend a whole lot of time there (I'm rarely home now, between working full-time and going to school full-time).

So can anyone come up with a reasonable range of what I would need to come up with at the end of a month to keep out of debt? Disregarding school, I've got a semi-list of expenses I can think of:
* Rent (studio vs. 1/2 the rent of a 2-bedroom?)
* Utilities if they are not included in rent (are they, typically? I don't know)
* Laundromat
* Food and toiletries for one (hopefully a little variety to throw in with the Ramen)
* I already know what my cell service will cost
* Internet is not necessary -- I can get free WiFi on campus
* Park

I am currently living in Ohio 30min east of Cleveland. My girlfriend and I have been talking about relocating to East or West Valley AZ. I am not familiar with the areas, I have been browsing the surrounding areas of East & West Valley. But unfortunately you only can get so much info..Basically I am trying to get someone's opinion on where are great affordable place in the valley would be? Also I would like to know some of the costs of living, like apartments,gas,smokes,food ect..Also any other information you can tell me about the valleys would be great!
I am not sure I understand all your questions. Your first part of the post says you live in East Mesa with parents and want to find a place closer to ASU, while the second part says you live in Ohio and want to find a cheap place somewhere in the Phx area? Which is it? Do you want to live close to ASU?

Old 04-12-2016, 10:29 AM

17,842 posts, read 39,852,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
I am not sure I understand all your questions. Your first part of the post says you live in East Mesa with parents and want to find a place closer to ASU, while the second part says you live in Ohio and want to find a cheap place somewhere in the Phx area? Which is it? Do you want to live close to ASU?

I was confused, too, until I looked closer at the old original post. For some reason, he poster you are quoting copied the original post from this thread into his own post, and then typed in the last paragraph. Only the last paragraph is a new post. Actually, this poster needed to start a new thread, since his question has nothing to do with Scottsdale vs Tempe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area