U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 07:15 PM

69 posts, read 146,918 times

Advertisements

My husband and I arrived in Phoenix last week, early Tuesday evening after a 5 1/2 day drive from Seattle (which included 2 1/2 days Vegas to visit family). Sure we could have made it more quickly, but we were each driving a car and couldn't switch off, plus had our 3 dogs.

We absolutely love this area so far and it was 106 the day after we arrived!

We have decided on the Gilbert area instead of Peoria and are in a hotel right now. We hope to find a rental home this week.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 07:41 PM

2 posts, read 3,545 times
Congratulations on your successful arrival. I used to live in Seattle. It was a miserable place. I don't know much about Gilbert, so cannot be much help to you.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:48 PM

8,685 posts, read 15,792,309 times
Congrats and good luck...you had a great weekend, but looking on keep those doggies hydrated and cool

Old 05-27-2012, 07:51 PM

We are keeping all five of us hydrated and cool!

Old 05-27-2012, 08:40 PM

2 posts, read 2,679 times
Congratulations to your safe arrival.... I guess you should check the net for sites offering house for rent and depending on the location, to where you want to live...
Have a nice stay

Old 05-27-2012, 09:01 PM

5,037 posts, read 8,746,443 times
Congratulations and welcome.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:53 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,037,257 times
That's great!! Gilbert is a nice city. I'm sure you will love it. Plenty of rentals out there, get yourself a rental agent or company to find something quickly, you can always spend a years lease up looking for the ideal place.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:30 PM

1,542 posts, read 3,397,026 times
I moved here from the Oregon coast last June and all I can say is you're going to love, LOVE it here compared to Seattle. More to do, more to see and you can do things virtually every day unlike Seattle in the cold, wind and rain.
To those that aren't familiar with the Pacific Northwest, there is almost nothing more miserable than having to be outdoors when it's blowing, sideways rain in 40 degree temps. I've never been colder anywhere else even though the temps aren't typically below freezing.
Being wet and cold with wind blowing on you in NO FUN.
Welcome to Arizona. I live in east Mesa but I looked for places in Gilbert among other places before I found this place. Gilbert is beautiful.
If you enjoy and appreciate the sunshine even half as much as I do, you are going to be very happy indeed.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:31 PM

We actually did find a home that we really liked just searching online. The owners will even accept our three dogs on a two year lease. We wish it had a pool, but it's in a nice master planned community, so there are pools available. I'll probably contact an agent I was in communication with before we left Seattle via email tonight to see what else is out there before we make a final decision.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:36 PM

563 posts, read 1,672,721 times
Funny I found this thread, been on the fence between san Diego and Miami after spending the last 22 yrs here in Seattle, but after spending the weekend here in Scottsdale, I think we've made up our mind - AZ it is.

Love the dry heat, the people, and affordability. Not to mention the desert landscaping.

Hopefully we will be joining you folks in a years time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area