Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 12:44 PM

942 posts, read 2,506,827 times

Advertisements

Our daughter goes to Litchfield Elementary, across from the Wigwam, and we are very happy. Litchfield seems like a great community. Can't think of anything bad to say about it. We live in Goodyear and I often wish we had looked at the older parts of Litchfield, within the walls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 10:20 AM

1 posts, read 4,931 times
Default Noise pollution from Luke Airforce Base

My wife and I are considering buying in Litchdfield park and are concerned about the airtraffic and noise from the Jets. Does any have any experience or can shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Old 02-02-2008, 10:38 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,691,911 times
The jets do not fly over old Litchfield Park. We never had any noise.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:12 AM

837 posts, read 2,325,128 times
LP is nice, but there is nothing to do in the area, and the commute to downtown has put a strain on my budget. I moved there from MI, not really knowing valley. I live in Wigwham creek, and camel back construction has been a pain for the year that I've been there. My primary beef would be there is nothing to do or nowhere to go but to spend money or shop, but then again it's like that most of everywhere nowadays.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:49 PM

58 posts, read 201,946 times
We are actualy looking into Arryo Mtn. States as well. We've had no luck in getting any information about LP. We are relocating from New York. We found that Shea Homes has very nice houses in LP. We would like to know how is the area because I have two little ones. Any advice you have gotten so far about this area?

Old 02-26-2008, 08:14 AM

180 posts, read 653,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
When I talk about Litchfield Park, I'm talking about the real Litchfield Park..inside the walls. Not the subdivisions that have sprung up around it.

Yep downtown Litchfield park is a real gem. Very nice area with community feel. I would have loved to live there, but it just never worked out. The older homes are the conerstone of that area since it creates so much character. The cookie cutter subdivision around there are not bad, but lack the appeal of the old neighborhood. Don't let the age scare you away. That are is one of the nicests in Phoenix.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:05 AM

682 posts, read 2,558,447 times
Jaribu,

We will be looking at homes in the Arroyo Mtn Estates area in the next few months. We also like the Shea homes as well because of a couple of their floor plans. This is one of about 6 areas we will look into when we get there.

I will PM you about what we think in a few months. No one has said anything to me about the area from this forum.

altus2006

Old 04-08-2008, 09:56 PM

7 posts, read 32,043 times
We use to live in Peoria (4 years ago) and moved away to Seattle. We are moving back to LP this summer (Toll Bros community). The area is great and alot of new shopping, restaurants, Spring training facility for the Indians / Reds in Goodyear ( few miles away). We visited all the schools ( elementary, middle school & high school) last month and received a great tour by the principals / counselors. They were great and we are excited about the new schools.
I believe LP has alot of history and still posseses the smaller town feel, yet many of the amenities are going up. Maybe it will become "big" but so is everything in the Valley.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:11 AM

4,517 posts, read 4,061,378 times
My aunt lives in Litchfield Park. Its pretty good by Arizona standards. It really doesn't have a small town feel. Its just a big part of the urban sprawl.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:18 AM

942 posts, read 2,506,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpesch View Post
We use to live in Peoria (4 years ago) and moved away to Seattle. We are moving back to LP this summer (Toll Bros community). The area is great and alot of new shopping, restaurants, Spring training facility for the Indians / Reds in Goodyear ( few miles away). We visited all the schools ( elementary, middle school & high school) last month and received a great tour by the principals / counselors. They were great and we are excited about the new schools.
I believe LP has alot of history and still posseses the smaller town feel, yet many of the amenities are going up. Maybe it will become "big" but so is everything in the Valley.
That neighborhood is very nice. We have friends that are looking, so I've been to that neighborhood recently. If you haven't already commited to a new house, you might keep your eye on some of the existing homes since prices seem to be coming down quite a bit. There are some very nice existing homes for sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area