Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2007, 12:15 PM

53 posts, read 421,830 times

Advertisements

Well the wife wants to move to C.G. so I guess that means I'm moving.
I looking for some help to have a better idea of where to live. We looked a Villago but we're a little concerned because they seemed to stop building in there. Some of the stuff they advertised like pools and courts and stuff they don't know when it will be built. And some of the house still seem expensive for this market. There not un affordable but it seems like you can find two similar houses but ones $160,000 and the others $250,000. So I'm looking for a development near schools and have playgrounds and stuff for the Kids. I have one in High School the others are in Elementary school. With access back to the freeway as I will still be working in Tempe.
If anyone with experiece living in Casa Grande could help me out with some suggestions or advice i would appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 04:09 PM

89 posts, read 326,665 times
My inlaws (snowbirds) live there and I own a rental down there. CG is not a bad place. Just stay away form the old part of town. It's a booming place, especially in the winter. There are tons of new developments going up down there but sales right now are slow...like everywhere. You should be able to find a great deal on a newer home. As for schools, I believe there's is only two high schools. The one downtown I would stay away from. The one up north is much newer and nicer.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 4,141 times
Evergreen Elementary is a great school! You should look into it!

Old 02-28-2008, 10:24 PM

64 posts, read 216,225 times
Casa Grande has a huge amount of homes for sale right now and you will have a lot of choice. It really depends on your priorities and budget. The Pinal / north-western side is probably going to be best for you to get to Tempe and there are many communities around there.

The other good news is that there are some incredible bargains out there. For instance 3000+ square foot for $145k...then again for many people it's not just about price per square foot...

Desert Willow is one of the more highly-rated elementaries in Casa Grande. See greatschools.net for some more info on that If you would like info on which communities make that attendance boundary I can help you out, drop me a PM.

Good luck with the move.

Emma

Old 04-09-2008, 03:02 PM

3 posts, read 9,323 times
Talking moving to casa grande

WE have lived in casa grande since oct. the city is fine for us I have 2 in high school, one has been in public schools his whole life and one has been in private school her whole life, I really feel that I am doing my daughter a big disservice the schools need to improve. I think casa verde high school is trying and I think that is wonderful I would stay north of cottonwood when you are talking about purchasing a house. things are a little slow now, but it is the best time to buy. For us, we are staying and it will be a growing city if we just hang in there with the city We looked at many cities before choosing casa grande, I drive to phoenix every day for job I work in the healthcare field and medicine out here is so different compared to the midwest, it is just an adjustment. churches are good, restaurants are getting better would like to see more outdoor seating at the restaurants but I feel casa grande is very affordable. My same house in north phoenix is $100,000 more with one less garage. We really got a good deal!

Old 04-09-2008, 03:36 PM

641 posts, read 2,365,820 times
They also have a new High school that is being built and will be finished in 2009.
I live in Arizona City about 8 miles from there. We drove into Casa yesterday, and I did notice a nice development on Jimmie Kerr Bldv that is going up behind the outlet mall.
I can not remember the name though, maby someone else does. They had a lot of workers there yesterday, so it is getting built.

Ama

Old 04-09-2008, 06:38 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,339,621 times
Well, I just went into escrow today on a new construction (but already finished) house. 1850 sq foot model home with every upgrade imaginable included oversize lot, fully landscaped front and back, and I paid $140K. Its in a new part of town (north end) near Rodeo Dr. down the street from the existing CG High School.

My reccomendation? Try and look at some of the not so well known builders - they dont do as much advertising so are little harder to find, but they are offering REALLY good deals. You take the slight risk that they are on shakier financial ground, so only get a house that is already done and dont use one that looks TOOOO shaky. But if they are smaller but appear pretty stable you can really write your ticket.

I have a bro (firefighter) and sis n law (teacher in CG) in town...my mom is gonna retire and move out to the Mary T 55+ complex in town and I have another brother up in Mesa so I ll have connections all around.

I ll be another one of the SoCal transplants that are moving to AZ. Im happy about it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area