Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 03:33 PM

92 posts, read 473,355 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. I have a friend here in Seattle that will be moving to the Gilbert/Chandler area soon. I lived in Gilbert for 5 years but have been gone for 2. I know things have changed alot. What can you tell me about Toll Brothers?

They will be staying in AZ for 10 years plus. So they know their house might drop a little if they buy soon. She really likes Fulton Ranch (from what she's seen online) but I feel those prices are high for the area. Any thoughts?

I will be in AZ on vacation with my family next week and thought I'd scope out neighborhoods for her. Cost for her is not an issue. They would like to get the best bang for their buck. They want to live in Gilbert or Chandler.

Thanks all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 04:10 PM

647 posts, read 3,340,355 times
I can't think of any Toll Brother communities in Gilbert or Chandler. Have you checked their website? They'll have all their communities listed there.

If cost isn't an issue, then why wouldn't Fulton Ranch be an option? Just curious - I agree that it's expensive, but I think it's a good investment - moreso then many other neighborhoods in Chandler or Gilbert. There's an elementary school within the neighborhood - even if they don't have kids, that would be good for resale. The location is great. There's a mix of very expensive homes along with less expensive which is always good for property values of the less expensive homes. And of course, Mr. Fulton himself is building there as well as Eddie Basha (from what I've heard) which will ensure the area maintains it's prestige and beauty. If your friends have upwards of 800K, I'd strongly recommend Fulton Ranch.

Another good option is Valencia. It's a TW Lewis development on Chandler Heights and Lindsay. It's beautiful, with homes starting in the mid 500's up to over a million. TW Lewis communities are always nice and the build quality homes. The location is great and the development should hold its value well. TW Lewis built the nicer areas of Ocotillo, which you'll see during your visit has retained it's beauty and value nicely.

As well, there are many custom and semi-custom developments in the area they might look into. Ward Developers (I think that's the name) maybe it's Ward Developments, is building a few. There's a beautiful custom home development on Riggs and Lindsay - can't remember the name - but the homes are incredible. And of course there are the various Circle G developments - homes over a million and quite nice. Morrison Ranch in Gilbert has some beautiful homes - over a million dollars but very nice. Since you said money isn't an issue, I'm just throwing out some of the more expensive options. Morrison Ranch is a great location and homes seem to hold their value there. Also Val Vista Lakes has some beautiful homes over 800K and it's a great location.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:30 PM

Thanks! I remember they were starting to build Morrison Ranch when we left.

Sorry, I meant Taylor Woodrow. I think Fulton Ranch will be beautiful I guess I just have sticker shock while looking at the prices. I do agree if there are million dollar homes it likely won't lose it's value. Val Vista Lakes was one of my favorite areas, they just want new. I'll check out Vallenica. I remember TW Lewis always being very nice!

Thanks for your input!

Old 10-01-2007, 05:49 PM

647 posts, read 3,340,355 times
Taylor Woodrow is building a lot in southeast Gilbert. One community is Shamrock Estates, which has a Chandler Traditional Academy within the community. That will be excellent for resale, and of course the CTA's are great schools if your friend has kids. They also have a couple other communities along Higley Road. Check TW's website.

I agree about the sticker shock. Personally I woudn't shell out close to a million bucks, when you factor in upgrades, landscaping and pool, to live anywhere in Chandler or Gilbert. BUT if you have the money and you like the area, then I do think Fulton Ranch is a good investment.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:01 PM

111 posts, read 226,342 times
If you've been following real estate news, Toll Brothers is in deep Enron style trouble for misstating earnings and predictions and their principals will likely go to jail so I wouldn't place any big deposits with them.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:25 PM

Thanks everyone!

Old 10-02-2007, 07:44 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwinston73 View Post
If you've been following real estate news, Toll Brothers is in deep Enron style trouble for misstating earnings and predictions and their principals will likely go to jail so I wouldn't place any big deposits with them.
Oh-oh, missed that one, even though I'm following RE news pretty closely. Guess was busy figuring whether I'll have a builder by the end of the year and/or how sharp the falling knife would be and will it get dull in any foreseeable future...

Old 10-05-2007, 08:16 PM

210 posts, read 748,831 times
Where did you see this about Toll Brothers misstating, as I just read a post from defraudedbytoll and he/she is having a mess of a time with them being so unethical. defraudedbytoll might be happy to hear that they may be going to jail...

Old 08-17-2008, 09:14 AM

1 posts, read 4,885 times
Default Nightmare

Toll Bros. has pulled out of Tucson area; the 66 lots they tried to sell in Madera Highlands was a bust. We built in Toll's first Tucson area development in Dove Mtn. It has been a nightmare experience from the outset, we were gouged with "custom" fees, options, etc., receiving an unfinished, low quality house due to inept, uncaring, unresponsive supervisors (all of whom have been terminated). Once our name was on the sales contract, we were treated like DIRT! Shame on Toll Bros.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:28 AM

214 posts, read 961,360 times
I'd recommend Valencia by TW Lewis. Great company, beautiful homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area