Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 03:28 PM

363 posts, read 932,063 times

Advertisements

Did your closing go through?

On a second note being that I am a FED, not all Govt employees are inapt. You should support your govt employees being firefighters, cops or county clerks . I am sure you do like us when we save your house and life...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 05:53 PM

2,296 posts, read 3,109,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matyoka View Post

On a second note being that I am a FED, not all Govt employees are inapt. You should support your govt employees being firefighters, cops or county clerks . I am sure you do like us when we save your house and life...
True. There are inept people in ALL lines of work, not just in government!

Old 09-13-2012, 06:49 PM

2,809 posts, read 3,195,758 times
Talk about a bazooka. With today's QE3 I think higher home prices in Phoenix are all but guaranteed. Additionally, I think we will see higher mortgage rates for the following reason: QE3 will reduce the spread between MBS and treasuries (= lower mortgage rates), but increase treasury rates (see what happened following QE2 last fall). The later effect will overcompensate the spread depression IMO.
In addition, look at the homebuilders, what a stock rally! The XHB ETF is up almost 50% year-to-date. This is a signal up now the same way it was a signal down from 2004 at the time. I don't think the Phoenix housing market will take any prisoners here. From a sentiment perspective, I think both bull markets, in stocks as well as Phoenix homes, are the most hated bull markets I have ever seen. Everyone is running away and screaming panic, fraud and what not.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:50 AM

357 posts, read 714,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matyoka View Post

It did go through last Friday! Moving and getting miscellaneous work done around here has made me incredibly busy but I'll write a recap when I have a chance.

Recording the deed seemed to be the only part that did go smoothly . At that point I was frustrated by the process and had taken a very cynical mindset, so apologies if I offended. I also more meant general government bureaucracy or red tape getting in the way, not individual employees. Regardless, I'm glad it's all over, as a first time homebuyer I'm sure some things were completely normal but stressed me out since I hadn't gone through it before.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:52 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,100,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz451 View Post
It did go through last Friday! Moving and getting miscellaneous work done around here has made me incredibly busy but I'll write a recap when I have a chance.

Recording the deed seemed to be the only part that did go smoothly . At that point I was frustrated by the process and had taken a very cynical mindset, so apologies if I offended. I also more meant general government bureaucracy or red tape getting in the way, not individual employees. Regardless, I'm glad it's all over, as a first time homebuyer I'm sure some things were completely normal but stressed me out since I hadn't gone through it before.
They may be normal for here but here is not normal for anyplace else we've every bought a house and yes, the process can get quite frustrating for the uninitiated on top of all the other things you're trying to schedule and get to fall in place.
Congrats on making it through!

Old 09-15-2012, 08:53 AM

384 posts, read 597,861 times
A bounce in Phoenix real estate prices is no surprise. The combination of massive reductions in home values and record low interest rates are a perfect combination for some recovery. You can own a 3 bedroom home there for less than what it costs for many 1 bedroom apartment rentals.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:19 AM

344 posts, read 815,648 times
Phoenix-area rental homes a red-hot commodity

Old 09-15-2012, 10:51 AM

1,942 posts, read 4,582,483 times
I'm biased toward North Scottsdale, Cave Creek, and Fountain Hills for my place I will buy. I'm certain I will buy my SFH within the next four years if this Bernanke drunken party continues. And Bernanke is telling us he will continue this drunken party to 2015. If the near-zero interest rates have a price boost effect on Phoenix houses like some of you predict, stock prices will still outperform real estate and I won't be left in the dust. I don't follow the garbage slogan "buy now or be locked out forever" - I heard that in 2006. My reason for buying real estate in the northeast valley in such a time frame is not about gain in the future - I don't anticipate price gain on any real estate since I'm used to price declines (my own house I had and my parents' house) for decades. I just like those areas for now. My other idea is to move to New Hampshire, but I don't think I could handle the weather and the small towns. Remember we have big spending cuts and tax increases ahead, so the Bernanke party may be nullified by it. 1 million additional people the next seven years will be out of work. And let's not forget the returning veterans from the Middle East wars. They need work too.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:52 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,815,059 times
The monthly sales have begun to increase again, and the average price per square foot for Pending listings is increasing. It is now 3.7% higher than last month, at $96/sf (in all areas for all types) which is an indication of Sold price increases during the next couple of months.

Gilbert sold 419 homes since August 13, and that is the highest since the month of May. That places Gilbert as number 3 in the number of sales; higher than Chandler and Scottsdale.

Phoenix is number one and Mesa is number 2 in number of sales.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:33 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,100,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
I'm biased toward North Scottsdale, Cave Creek, and Fountain Hills for my place I will buy. I'm certain I will buy my SFH within the next four years if this Bernanke drunken party continues. And Bernanke is telling us he will continue this drunken party to 2015. If the near-zero interest rates have a price boost effect on Phoenix houses like some of you predict, stock prices will still outperform real estate and I won't be left in the dust. I don't follow the garbage slogan "buy now or be locked out forever" - I heard that in 2006. My reason for buying real estate in the northeast valley in such a time frame is not about gain in the future - I don't anticipate price gain on any real estate since I'm used to price declines (my own house I had and my parents' house) for decades. I just like those areas for now. My other idea is to move to New Hampshire, but I don't think I could handle the weather and the small towns. Remember we have big spending cuts and tax increases ahead, so the Bernanke party may be nullified by it. 1 million additional people the next seven years will be out of work. And let's not forget the returning veterans from the Middle East wars. They need work too.
The interesting fallout from this last QE is being predicted to slow housing sales near term since good 'ol Ben has said interest rates will stay on the ground floor for a few years. Without some kind of motivation as in a deadline or indication of rates going up why move quick on anything not to mention possible radical tax hikes that may reduce your ability to pay the mortgage you can easily afford today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area