Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 09:15 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,443,888 times

Advertisements

Why would you want to tell the media ? Sounds like you're trying to get your 15 minutes of fame. Hopefully you won't ...

Sent from my Alcatel OT-981A using Tapatalk

Old 09-01-2012, 09:42 AM

2,118 posts, read 6,396,859 times
The whole TSA thing is nothing but theatrics.

You don't really need to get media attention because anyone with any brain cells left already knows what a joke it all is.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:55 AM

484 posts, read 972,333 times
Yup, goes to show you that TSA is not worth it.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:02 AM

2,542 posts, read 6,932,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Why would you want to tell the media ? Sounds like you're trying to get your 15 minutes of fame. Hopefully you won't ...

Sent from my Alcatel OT-981A using Tapatalk
I imagine that she wants to tell the media to alert the public that there are still major flaws. All too often, businesses, corps., and agencies fail to make real changes until the public at large is on their back. Even if they are striving to make changes, the people that helped point out that changes need to be made don't hear if anything happened. There are much "better" ways to get your 15 minutes of fame--I think anyone can see that. But, since all of the above seems very obvious to me, yet we have two pages of people not getting it, I guess I should stop over-estimating the logical thinking abilities of the public.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:12 AM

9,603 posts, read 31,783,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Yes, its true. My daughter was given a Buck knife from her hubby to protect her, since she works late. Well long story short, we flew on Allegiant from Mesa to Rockford IL for Mom's funeral. She forgot she had the knife in her purse. Did anyone ask about it? No. AND on the way back from Rockford to Mesa, she did the same stupid thing. They confiscated my can of pop, but the knife went RIGHT THRU SECURITY.

Tried to tell the news media about this, but the answer was no one would believe I didn't make this up. Its true folks. Any hints as to who to tell without getting us in hot water??? The TSA guys were retirees, getting trained and not very alert.
With all due respect, PhxBarb . . . NOT amusing in any way!

Would you have felt quite so "accomplished" if some nutcase sitting nearby grabbed the knife and caused serious harm to other passengers, possibly even yourself and your daughter?

Would you have felt quite so "accomplished" if that same nutcase caused serious injury to the flight crew thereby causing an emergency landing or even a fatal crash?

The Security Screening is NOT A JOKE . . . rather a much needed safety measure for all passengers, crew members and even those innocent individuals on the ground. In either case you could and should have been arrested and charged with a serious crime. Not for one moment do I think this was an "accident" in any way, especially on the return trip.

Laugh and enjoy your "accomplishment" now as the next time you may not be quite so lucky.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:12 AM

1,942 posts, read 4,582,483 times
Similar thing happened to me out of Phoenix. I had an object in my duffel bag that went undetected and it could have been used lethally. I did not know I had it until I got to my destination.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:13 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,307,908 times
Yep...An attorney was disbarred recently for forgetting a weapon in her briefcase. She had forgotten too. Why are you admitting to doing something illegal after the fact. No one is really anonymous, maybe rethink this.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:44 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,548,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Yep...An attorney was disbarred recently for forgetting a weapon in her briefcase. She had forgotten too. Why are you admitting to doing something illegal after the fact. No one is really anonymous, maybe rethink this.
I have a hard time believing this one.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:41 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,109,056 times
ok. Everyone just forget it. I didn't think I would be bashed for telling about something that happened to me. I don't want any fame and it wasn't an ACCOMPLISHMENT. It was a mistake and just shows that TSA is indeed not doing the job they should be.

Old 09-01-2012, 12:16 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,369,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
The Security Screening is NOT A JOKE . . . rather a much needed safety measure for all passengers, crew members and even those innocent individuals on the ground. In either case you could and should have been arrested and charged with a serious crime. Not for one moment do I think this was an "accident" in any way, especially on the return trip.
It pretty much is a joke in the US, designed to make the sheeple think the gov't. is protecting them. The TSA are a bunch of monkeys who couldn't hold jobs at McDonalds. The only people who defend them are politicians, unions and perhaps some folks who fly domestically once a year and haven't seen real security before. Spend some time in European or Israeli airports and you'll see some real security, complete with profiling and interviews and lack of concern for offending people or getting sued.

In China they have "amnesty boxes" for cases like PhxBarb's, where you can drop whatever will fit in there before going through security and be left alone for it. The boxes are plexi glass, so you can see the contents and you'd be amazed by some of the stuff that ends up there. They'd serve as good, cheap and effective reminders here in the US. But security is not the real issue in the US - perpetuating a permanent gov't. bureacracy is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area