Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 07:11 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,068,816 times

Advertisements

Yes, its true. My daughter was given a Buck knife from her hubby to protect her, since she works late. Well long story short, we flew on Allegiant from Mesa to Rockford IL for Mom's funeral. She forgot she had the knife in her purse. Did anyone ask about it? No. AND on the way back from Rockford to Mesa, she did the same stupid thing. They confiscated my can of pop, but the knife went RIGHT THRU SECURITY.

Tried to tell the news media about this, but the answer was no one would believe I didn't make this up. Its true folks. Any hints as to who to tell without getting us in hot water??? The TSA guys were retirees, getting trained and not very alert.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:20 AM

213 posts, read 377,093 times
I have flown several times with a small bottle of eye drops in my purse and have never taken them out. The first couple of times I forgot about them. Now, it's just a game to see if anyone stops me......

Old 09-01-2012, 07:51 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,784,370 times
It was an accident the first time. Why did you do it purposely the second time?

I suggest speaking with Allegiant management, the airport manager, and the managers of the security company; all of them. Do not stop until you have had a meeting with each of them and show them the knife.

You "probably" can't get in trouble, (but I'm not an attorney) because it is in the past and no damage was done. Your purpose now is to show them there is a security flaw.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:10 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,266,775 times
WHY WOULD YOU TELL THE ANYBODY ABOUT THIS?????? Your daughter could be questioned and charged. Moderator cut: rude

Last edited by Kimballette; 09-01-2012 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 09-01-2012, 08:10 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,247,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Yes, its true. My daughter was given a Buck knife from her hubby to protect her, since she works late. Well long story short, we flew on Allegiant from Mesa to Rockford IL for Mom's funeral. She forgot she had the knife in her purse. Did anyone ask about it? No. AND on the way back from Rockford to Mesa, she did the same stupid thing. They confiscated my can of pop, but the knife went RIGHT THRU SECURITY.

Tried to tell the news media about this, but the answer was no one would believe I didn't make this up. Its true folks. Any hints as to who to tell without getting us in hot water??? The TSA guys were retirees, getting trained and not very alert.
they are government employees, what do you expect? Moderator cut: personal attack

Last edited by Kimballette; 09-01-2012 at 08:33 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 09-01-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bill View Post
It was an accident the first time. Why did you do it purposely the second time?

I suggest speaking with Allegiant management, the airport manager, and the managers of the security company; all of them. Do not stop until you have had a meeting with each of them and show them the knife.

You "probably" can't get in trouble, (but I'm not an attorney) because it is in the past and no damage was done. Your purpose now is to show them there is a security flaw.
WE DID NOT do it purposefully. We were at my Mom's funeral, age 102. If you have read any of my other posts you know we are all suffering greatly at the loss of this great lady. It was an honest mistake and not done on purpose. We were in line for the security when I asked her if she put the knife in her luggage and she was very very upset that she did not.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
WHY WOULD YOU TELL THE ANYBODY ABOUT THIS?????? Your daughter could be questioned and charged. Moderator cut: rude
That's why I chose CD to share this with. Everyone on here has been really great thus far.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:44 AM

1,775 posts, read 6,357,859 times
It gets worse. I always check a firearm in my luggage when I fly. One time I was called to the cockpit after our flight landed. Captain asked if I was LEO. I said no. He said he had me on a list of having brought a firearm onboard. I said I had checked it in my luggage. He said they don't tell him those things. So I asked why he was waitinig until we had landed (at Dulles) to ask me about it. He said he thought I could be the sky marshal. Then I asked why, if he thought that, they put me in a window seat in the very last row. He said to have a nice day.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
It gets worse. I always check a firearm in my luggage when I fly. One time I was called to the cockpit after our flight landed. Captain asked if I was LEO. I said no. He said he had me on a list of having brought a firearm onboard. I said I had checked it in my luggage. He said they don't tell him those things. So I asked why he was waitinig until we had landed (at Dulles) to ask me about it. He said he thought I could be the sky marshal. Then I asked why, if he thought that, they put me in a window seat in the very last row. He said to have a nice day.
That's it !!! I am done flying.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:12 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,229,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
WE DID NOT do it purposefully. We were at my Mom's funeral, age 102. If you have read any of my other posts you know we are all suffering greatly at the loss of this great lady. It was an honest mistake and not done on purpose. We were in line for the security when I asked her if she put the knife in her luggage and she was very very upset that she did not.
So you knew about it before you went through security and didn't say anything and went through security knowingly concealing the knife and boarded the plane. You really should have taken action as soon as you realized the mistake and not taken all those additional risks as there could have been serious consequences.

At this point I would quit talking about it and count your blessings that it wasn't discovered and then hauled off and missed your mom's funeral. Talking about it now isn't going to do anything but bring unwanted attention to you and your family.

Glad it worked out for you though and we're not reading about this in the paper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area