Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 05:34 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
I know much of the nation has had quite the heatwave, but at least theirs is breaking!
When will our dreaded heat end????
It seems to get hotter and hotter every year and seems to last longer and longer. ARGH!
I don't have two hours to drive up north everyday to get away from this heat! Waaaaaaaah!
Consider Tucson, Londonbarcelona . . . it has been beautiful down here.

Sunny and clear with no clouds in sight, temperatures in the high 80's and low 90's and the humidity in the low teens plus great evening and night temperatures in the 50's and 60's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 05:46 PM

430 posts, read 1,410,031 times
Cool I thought it was just me

I was sitting on the patio with my coffee yesterday and I started to roast, then it occured to me its hot! what gives? it was wamer then had been the previous couple days. I haven't had to wear long sleves yet, here it is almost middle of OCT. If it keeps going like this summer will be here before we know it. I have my sweaters ready, my boots all shined up, I can't wait to lose the flip flops! I wanna be a cowgirl!

Old 10-10-2007, 05:47 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,957,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
Personally I think the weather here in PX is great right now. Last week I was in San Fran and froze my ass off. I couldn't wait to get back here to warm up.
Yeah I saw those temps over there, it was cold. I have a family member up there and she hates the cold.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azkylady2 View Post
I was sitting on the patio with my coffee yesterday and I started to roast, then it occured to me its hot! what gives? it was wamer then had been the previous couple days. I haven't had to wear long sleves yet, here it is almost middle of OCT. If it keeps going like this summer will be here before we know it. I have my sweaters ready, my boots all shined up, I can't wait to lose the flip flops! I wanna be a cowgirl!

2 more months for sweaters and boots in the morning and nights. You'll sweat during the day in a sweater though.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:35 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill- View Post
The average high for today is 91, my thermometer say its' 93. Look Out ! two degrees above normal......what will we do.
Well it feels terribly hot to me! I'm sick of it.
I do think the evenings are finally cooling off and it feels great. The mornings have been really nice too. But this 95 degree weather is really just sticking around way too long. It never used to stay this hot for this long. Plus we all know that even in 95 degree heat it's still super hot because there are NO clouds! The suns rays are terribly damaging and just friggin' hot. I loved the weekend weather (at least one day here it cooled off) and it was actually cloudy! It didn't rain in my part of Scottsdale.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:48 PM

422 posts, read 1,271,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
Well it feels terribly hot to me! I'm sick of it.
I do think the evenings are finally cooling off and it feels great. The mornings have been really nice too. But this 95 degree weather is really just sticking around way too long. It never used to stay this hot for this long. Plus we all know that even in 95 degree heat it's still super hot because there are NO clouds! The suns rays are terribly damaging and just friggin' hot. I loved the weekend weather (at least one day here it cooled off) and it was actually cloudy! It didn't rain in my part of Scottsdale.
I've been here in Tucson for 13 months now and after experiencing triple digit temps. 90's are no longer bothersome to me. In fact, when it gets into 70's I feel very chilled.....haha.....never thought that would happen.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:06 PM

788 posts, read 2,110,687 times
Over the years, for me, around Halloween always seemed to be the breaking point where I've realized that I can finally wear a jacket at night (because anything below 70 at night for me is cold).

Old 10-10-2007, 07:26 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Not only is it still hot, but I'm willing to bet that last Thursday was the last rain we'll be having for a LONG while. The last few days here have been really POLLUTED. It's really gross, especially when you look at the sky towards the horizon (for some reason, it's harder to see the pollution right above you when you're in the midst of it). If this year is anything like the last two years, expect to have non stop polluted, hazy, dusty days from now until next March. Oh yeah, I can't wait.
You can't always believe your eyes. The low sun angles make it appear worse than it actually is. There have been no air quality violations lately and none are expected. In fact, PM 2.5 has been in the good range throughout the metro area as have CO and ozone. PM 10 has reached moderate in a number of areas this AM and is predicted to do that for the next two days, but not get into the red.. You can check all this and more on ADEQ's website. In my neck of the woods, the air has been extremely clear. I could see Eagle Tail Mountains very clearly this morning - they are way out there by Palo Verde. Love that southwest breeze.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:36 PM

683 posts, read 2,651,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xwideopenskyx View Post
I've been here in Tucson for 13 months now and after experiencing triple digit temps. 90's are no longer bothersome to me. In fact, when it gets into 70's I feel very chilled.....haha.....never thought that would happen.
It's too cold to go swimming when the temperature dips into the 90's.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBaroo View Post
It's too cold to go swimming when the temperature dips into the 90's.
This is very true!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area