Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2012, 11:01 AM

148 posts, read 265,820 times

Advertisements

In Arizona Is it more popular to send your children to a home daycare over a daycare center ? What do most people generally choose ?.

Are there lots of Home Daycare's to choose from in Chandler if one was looking for one ?

Do all schools have before and after school care ?

The reason why I ask these questions is because I have been running a very successful Home daycare out of my home in Canada and wanted to continue this when we move to Arizona next year ( if at all possible ) In order to do this I would need to live near a school where there is a demand for this type of business ( home daycare's ).

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 11:51 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,472,793 times
Well, you need to worry about licensing and zoning/HOA-CC & R requirements first and foremost. As far as which are used more, I don't know how you'd really find that out. Seems to be that as children get older, parents want more than just babysitting/daycare, and look at centers that have preschools, so the split might change with older, but still pre-school age children.

I don't know what the public schools in Chandler offer in terms of before school/after school care. You could probably get a lot of info on that from the district website.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:22 PM

168 posts, read 457,280 times
Many, if not all, Chandler schools offer before and after school care. You can check the Chandler Unified School District's website to pull up specific schools. Not sure why you'd have to live close to a school to open a day care though. And, yes, many people use home day care, and there are TONS of them. So you'll have competition. Many people also use commercial day care centers and there are many of them, as well.

As observer mentioned above, you'll need to make sure your HOA allows them. If it doesn't, you can be certain you will be turned in by your neighbors at some point. I know a few people who went through that. People get annoyed with the cars coming and going all day by their homes, and they'll turn you in to the HOA and also to the city. Obviously licensing is important as well. And liability insurance.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:36 PM

148 posts, read 265,820 times
Thank you for the information I did not realize that some area's with HOA fees would not allow that. I live close to schools at the moment because I walk kids to school in the morning and sometimes pick them at the end of the day.

I have only seen private home daycares advertised on craig's list. Are their any other websites that people in Arizona use to advertise their home daycares ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: