U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-05-2012, 11:51 PM
 
9 posts, read 30,472 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

I got promoted at my job with state farm thats opened up a call center In that area and was wondering if there was some places within walking distance or near local transportation to get out to the job? If there Isn't a place near by whats the best places around the tempe area closet to that location?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-06-2012, 12:33 AM
 
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
891 posts, read 2,168,215 times
Reputation: 1300
If you can afford it, The Lofts at Rio Salado are right down Washington and walking distance from your work. Otherwise, since it's right on the light rail, you can live anywhere in Phoenix or Tempe that's near a stop and take the train to work. There's a lot of options though so a budget would be helpful.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2012, 01:10 AM
 
9 posts, read 30,472 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by fennec2009 View Post
If you can afford it, The Lofts at Rio Salado are right down Washington and walking distance from your work. Otherwise, since it's right on the light rail, you can live anywhere in Phoenix or Tempe that's near a stop and take the train to work. There's a lot of options though so a budget would be helpful.
Thank you for the tips. Its good to know that the rail line goes in and out of phoenix and tempe. I'm looking to spend 600-800 dollars a month in rent. The place you recommended sounds expensive but ill search it. I forgot to add im a 27 yr old young professional and I just would desire a place where I'm safe and reasonable.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2012, 03:46 AM
 
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
891 posts, read 2,168,215 times
Reputation: 1300
It kind of is. Lowest rate on their website is just over $900.

Apartments.com is a great resource to use. You can enter your budget range and desired # of bedrooms, then look along the light rail line for apartments that fit the bill.

Here is a map of the light rail stops for reference. I would steer clear of the Longmore/Main stop as well as the 19th Avenue stops. The stops along Apache in Tempe are kind of dumpy but I would not call it an unsafe area. I lived there for 6 months and walked around a lot and never felt unsafe. Plus it would be more in line with your budget.



One of my classmates lives here: West 5th Apartments and likes it. They just remodeled all the units and the complex. It is a short walk to the 3rd/Mill stop. I don't know how much he pays and it doesn't say on the website, but you can call and ask. That neighborhood is one of the oldest in Tempe, so it's not super nice, but again I would not call it unsafe.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2012, 02:08 PM
 
9 posts, read 30,472 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by fennec2009 View Post
It kind of is. Lowest rate on their website is just over $900.

Apartments.com is a great resource to use. You can enter your budget range and desired # of bedrooms, then look along the light rail line for apartments that fit the bill.

Here is a map of the light rail stops for reference. I would steer clear of the Longmore/Main stop as well as the 19th Avenue stops. The stops along Apache in Tempe are kind of dumpy but I would not call it an unsafe area. I lived there for 6 months and walked around a lot and never felt unsafe. Plus it would be more in line with your budget.



One of my classmates lives here: West 5th Apartments and likes it. They just remodeled all the units and the complex. It is a short walk to the 3rd/Mill stop. I don't know how much he pays and it doesn't say on the website, but you can call and ask. That neighborhood is one of the oldest in Tempe, so it's not super nice, but again I would not call it unsafe.
Thank you this is just the map I needed to make a decision. I appreciate it
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-19-2013, 08:59 PM
 
9 posts, read 30,472 times
Reputation: 16
Okay after searching I found a place online called garden grove apartments. It looks pretty nice and clean and from looking at google maps the surrounding area looks clean. What do you guys think of this?

900 W Grove Parkway
Tempe, AZ 85283
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2013, 02:23 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
1,112 posts, read 3,821,831 times
Reputation: 1232
That area is right around Guadalupe. A bit rougher than areas south and further north in Tempe.. Not bad, overall, but you could do better. It's also not on the light rail, if that is a priority as it seemed to be.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2013, 10:27 AM
 
9 posts, read 30,472 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyW View Post
That area is right around Guadalupe. A bit rougher than areas south and further north in Tempe.. Not bad, overall, but you could do better. It's also not on the light rail, if that is a priority as it seemed to be.
ohhh I see
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2013, 10:45 AM
 
Location: Tempe
1,832 posts, read 5,518,794 times
Reputation: 1737
Quote:
Originally Posted by fg401j View Post
Okay after searching I found a place online called garden grove apartments. It looks pretty nice and clean and from looking at google maps the surrounding area looks clean. What do you guys think of this?

900 W Grove Parkway
Tempe, AZ 85283
First not sure why you bumped a zombie thread about the area Papago Buttes since this area isn't near there. Anyway the area is fine it may be near Guadalupe but that won't be an issue. It's basically a transition are from North Tempe to South Tempe.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2013, 05:33 PM
 
9 posts, read 30,472 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoAZnative View Post
First not sure why you bumped a zombie thread about the area Papago Buttes since this area isn't near there. Anyway the area is fine it may be near Guadalupe but that won't be an issue. It's basically a transition are from North Tempe to South Tempe.
I didn't want to clutter the phoenix forum with another thread when I can bump my old thread looking for houses (I forgot to add I expanded to tempe as a whole)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top