Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 04:21 PM

20 posts, read 105,843 times

Advertisements

Hi.

We are thinking of moving back to AZ. What can you tell me about this community? Good Schools? What about the new part Montecito?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 08:58 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
I think some of the posters here live there and will be chiming in soon.
We almost bought out there and love the development. They have this wonderful lake with boats that you can take out and fish on. The grounds are beautiful and somewhat hilly up in the foothills. Funny thing is, yesterday my husband mentioned that there would be only one other place here he would consider moving to if we move, and that was Estrella Mt. Ranch. Go see it online! Good luck

Old 10-18-2007, 06:27 PM

We're out here visiting. We just drove out there today. It was gorgeous. How do Rosewood homes compare to David weekly or Morrison? Is most of Goodyear safe??

Old 10-18-2007, 06:55 PM

65 posts, read 478,914 times
LOL...............looked at it as well, and loved it. The only problem with us was, that the builder that we wanted wasn't opening up a new area and almost all of the lots were sold except for like 3. The three that were open, one overlooked a section of somewhere else, don't know where, but it was outside of the "development" and it didn't look that great, had some trailers, etc. They said to us, probably in time that would be gone, but didn't want to take a chance. But Estrella itself was gorgeous. We ended up in Vistancia and will be moving there come this November.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:36 PM

I wanted to look at Vistancia too. Can you compare the two for me?

Old 10-18-2007, 10:37 PM

611 posts, read 2,307,660 times
A few years ago we also looked at both (and some others), and ended up in Vistancia too. Both are absolutely beautiful communities nestled in the mountains with similar amenities. Both are Master Planned Communities that have amazing organized community activities and events that are planned by Lifestyle Directors along with resident input and volunteer participation.

Estrella has a (man made?) lake inside and Vistancia is just minutes from Lake Pleasant. Vistancia has excellent schools; I've heard Estrella's are good too. Vistancia's oldest homes are late 2004/early 2005. Estrella's oldest homes are late 1990s (I think), but still has a lot of new construction going on. Both have similar price ranges (high 100s to $1 million+). Vistancia has two golf courses, Estrella has one (maybe 2?)

A lot of commercial development is happening currently near both. A fews weeks ago I saw Estrella's commercial is mostly happening closer to the I-10; hopefully our wonderful friends that live there can provide more info about whether or not there is more commercial development planned inside Estrella. Vistancia has a lot of commercial development happening both inside and outside the community with even more planned inside & outside too. A new hospital is planned to be built on the east side of Vistancia along with the expansion of the "303" including multiple entrances/exits for Vistancia. Here's a link to a thread that contains a lot of info about Vistancia as well as other great areas to consider: //www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...-valley-2.html

In my opinion, both Estrella and Vistancia are great. The biggest difference is location (SW and NW of Phoenix). Best wishes in your search!

Old 10-19-2007, 11:53 AM

My suggestion would be to come and look at them both to see what fits you best. We moved to Vistancia in its early phases and there was absolutely nothing up here. It just felt right. We also loved Estrella and would have moved there just for the lake. We have now some great shopping just 4 miles down the road from our entrance. There is also a new Safeway center coming to completion next month right at the entry to Vistancia, so our shopping is here. Soon I will be able to take the walking trail that snakes through the development and right up to the Safeway.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:25 PM

I plan on checking out Vistancia tomorrow. Is one locatin better than the other to the Biltmore area? We realize both are far out. We used to Live in Gilbert years ago and have since moved away. We want to come back, and can! We really feel if we move back we want to live in a mountain area. Gilbert was great, just too flat!

Old 10-19-2007, 02:07 PM

Close to the same, long drive either way. Vistancia is lovely and I hope you enjoy your visit. There are some fantastic resales in here right now so after you tour the model home center, you may want to consider looking at a few. Shea Homes is having a year end sale right now and I am not sure about the others. I love the new Rosewood Homes and think they would be my first pick if I were buying today. They are in the mid $300's and the others are in the low $200's to mid $200's. Take a drive up to see the Blackstone Country Club; it is stunning. If you get hungry, drive over across the road to the Grill at the Trilogy development. Great food served there. Best of luck in your search, and please let everyone know what you find and where you end up.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:02 PM

Thanks so much for everyones help! I just spoke with my husband and he said we will be here in 1-2 years. So if this spring we can build that would be great. I am not opposed to a re-sale though! I saw Rosewood homes @ Estrella and they were great!

Thanks for sending me the link to the last thread!!!!

How are the schools? I know Gilbert's are great. I love Estrella but I am not keen on what is close by, or having to drive down Van Buren to avoid I-10. How does Peoria compare? Are the surounding areas bad?

It's strange that I lived here for 5 years but have no idea about the other side of town.

Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area