Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2013, 09:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,123 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are considering relocating out of the Midwest to the Phoenix area. We are both feeling like it might just be time to get out and try something different. My company has an office in Chandler (near the municiple airport) so it would be great to live somewhere relatively close to the office. (Though my commute now is 90 minutes, so anything shorter will be great.) We have two kids (3 and 1 years old) so we would be looking for a nice kid friendly area with good schools, but also stuff to do for adults (I'm 28, she's 27)

Since we owe more on our current house than it is worth, my thought is that I will probably try to rent out my current house, and rent a house in AZ. Anyone tried this approach before? This also gives us some flexibility if we decide wherever we land isn't right for us.

My wife has a degree in Community Health Education, so if anyone has any career ideas in the area, that would also be appreciated. (She's worked for health departments, fire departments, ect doing education and outreach type work.)

Anyway, we are just working though the idea now, but thought I'd put up my thoughts to see if anyone's been in a similar situation and has any advice we should take into account while we plan.

Thanks
Nick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 11:39 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,502,741 times
Chandler is a nice suburban area, very few parts of it are bad.

The nice thing about Chandler is how many decent employment centers are based there, so people can work and live closeby, no long commutes or traffic headaches in this case.

Both Gilbert and Chandler are family-friendly but I have heard Gilbert is even more so. Either one should be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area