Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 01:04 PM

494 posts, read 1,917,307 times

Advertisements

I have only heard of Scottsdale, what are the others?

Where are most of the IT jobs located in the Phoenix metro area? For a person contemplating a move from Los Angeles/Orange County what are the pros and cons of living in the Phoenix area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 01:34 PM

156 posts, read 420,467 times
Guadalupe seems nice!

Old 01-05-2013, 02:28 PM

606 posts, read 1,606,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBradley View Post
Guadalupe seems nice!
Maybe that's a joke?

Either way, there is nothing wrong with Guadalupe. It's a city very rich with its Mexican heritage, specifically the Yaqui tribe from Sonora, Mexico. It would also be somewhat convenient for commuting to Tempe, Phoenix and Scottsdale; on top of it low housing prices. But - I have a feeling that most people relocating to the valley may not necessarily be looking for a town so rich in it's Mexican and Indigenous culture.

My advice to the OP would be to spend a few hours searching on this site and Google-ing the following cities listed on this thread----> https://www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...-you-live.html

Old 01-05-2013, 02:44 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Phoenix has MANY "nice" suburbs. The advice above is correct. Do some reading and research on this site first, and then if you have specific questions and can give us some additional information about what you are looking for, then you can get lots of helpful answers.

"Pros and cons" of living in metro Phoenix is an entirely different subject. But, you'll find many threads that will give you information on that issue as well.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:00 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,526,471 times
Ahwatukee Foothills is very nice! Chandler has some very nice house developments and good schools! Gilbert is desirable too but a little too far from Phoenix.

IT jobs, state and federal government are your best bets!

Pros of living Phoenix ? You get all the ammenities of a big city for a reasonable price, plus a very versatile and diverse state as long as scenery goes!

The cons? You get all the headaches of a big city too (e.g., traffic, sprawling, crime, etc...)

All in all, is a good place to live!

Old 01-07-2013, 04:42 AM

6,069 posts, read 14,779,762 times
I'm not sure how Guadalupe would qualify as one of the nicest suburbs in the Phoenix area.

On the east valley, Scottsdale, Ahwatukee, Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert, and NE Mesa around the Las Sendas area.

North central Gilbert is only 30 minutes from the airport, Old Town Scottsdale, and downtown Phoenix. The southern areas of Gilbert and the south east portions of Chandler are further than 30 minutes.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:17 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Waiboi View Post
Maybe that's a joke?

Either way, there is nothing wrong with Guadalupe. It's a city very rich with its Mexican heritage, specifically the Yaqui tribe from Sonora, Mexico. It would also be somewhat convenient for commuting to Tempe, Phoenix and Scottsdale; on top of it low housing prices. But - I have a feeling that most people relocating to the valley may not necessarily be looking for a town so rich in it's Mexican and Indigenous culture.

My advice to the OP would be to spend a few hours searching on this site and Google-ing the following cities listed on this thread----> https://www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...-you-live.html
Eh, it's quite dirty. I've never seen so much garbage in yards before. Ate at a good hot dog cart there, though.

OP, if you can afford to live in California you'd have your pick of places to live. You would probably prefer Phoenix or the East Valley but there's nice places all over. You really need to explore the area for yourself.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:51 AM

357 posts, read 711,928 times
CaptainBill gave a great rundown. I will add that Paradise Valley is the absolute most expensive neighborhood/zip code in the Phoenix area. Also, certain areas of Arcadia can be quite high end - anything directly around Camelback Mountain specifically (PV on the north, Arcadia on the south).

South and Central Scottsdale are nice (and the area I live in) but not super high end. Central Scottsdale/"Old Town" has some very high end condos but for houses you're typically looking north of Indian Bend Rd.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:08 AM

446 posts, read 709,489 times
Arrowhead.

Right around north 75th ave to 59th ave by the 101.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:36 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
And I will add what always needs to be said when considering where to reside in the Valley of the Sun. WHERE YOU WORK really needs to be the first consideration when looking at where to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area