U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 586 times

Advertisements

So, I realize apartment questions have been asked a ton of different times, but I've pretty much scoured all of them already. I am most likely moving to Phoenix in two weeks for a brand new job. It is on the 5000 block of North 7th St., and I am trying to find a decent 1 bed/1bath place around there somewhere. I would be willing to drive roughly 10 or 15 miles for work. My budget, ideally, is between 6 and 8 hundred a month (probably closer to 700 on the high end, if possible). I'm trying to find a halfway decent place that won't be full of bugs and is in a safe area. I would LOVE to have a washer/dryer in unit, but it isn't necessary. I also know people don't like to give away information their amazing apartment complexes, but I promise I'm a responsible, 24 year old professional woman who absolutely won't be having loud parties or craziness. Any help would be wonderfully appreciated!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 11:21 PM

631 posts, read 831,006 times
I think that is near Missouri? If so there is a nice looking apartment complex just south of Missouri on the East side of 7th St, called Carlyle or something like that. There is also nice looking apartment complex at the 51 and Colter. Cant think of the name and I'm not sure how it would be living right next to the 51. Probably others in the area but those come to mind. I've never lived in either of them so can't comment on the experience at either place.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:39 PM

10,494 posts, read 25,329,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rklewis1217 View Post
So, I realize apartment questions have been asked a ton of different times, but I've pretty much scoured all of them already. I am most likely moving to Phoenix in two weeks for a brand new job. It is on the 5000 block of North 7th St., and I am trying to find a decent 1 bed/1bath place around there somewhere. I would be willing to drive roughly 10 or 15 miles for work. My budget, ideally, is between 6 and 8 hundred a month (probably closer to 700 on the high end, if possible). I'm trying to find a halfway decent place that won't be full of bugs and is in a safe area. I would LOVE to have a washer/dryer in unit, but it isn't necessary. I also know people don't like to give away information their amazing apartment complexes, but I promise I'm a responsible, 24 year old professional woman who absolutely won't be having loud parties or craziness. Any help would be wonderfully appreciated!
All I will say is you should demand a washer/dryer at that price in Phoenix for a 1/1. Although I live in a 440 sq foot studio, I do have an in unit washer/dryer in my apartment that rents for $415 a month, and that is in Las Vegas which has a higher cost of living than Phoenix.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:46 PM

27 posts, read 93,592 times
My wife and I lived in the Tampico APARTMENTS at 6130 N 7th Street. I noticed it is still there. Mostly an older crowd, but the price was right.

NOTE: we lived there in 1978.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area