Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2006, 03:42 PM

98 posts, read 427,745 times

Advertisements

Hubby interviewing in Scottsdale Fri! 99% go, mostly courtesy interviews but... I would probably then work in Phoenix as my co. owns another hotel there (I'm on the cool, beautiful beach in Laguna now... Any recommendations for an area right between Phoenix & Scottsdale? Looking for single family detached w/ pool & preferably 3 car garage (for my motor scooter). Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2006, 03:53 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Look at Chandler or Gilbert, they will have what you are looking for, not quite between but close.

Old 10-11-2006, 06:19 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,470,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterMama View Post
Hubby interviewing in Scottsdale Fri! 99% go, mostly courtesy interviews but... I would probably then work in Phoenix as my co. owns another hotel there (I'm on the cool, beautiful beach in Laguna now... Any recommendations for an area right between Phoenix & Scottsdale? Looking for single family detached w/ pool & preferably 3 car garage (for my motor scooter). Thanks!!!
If you have the big bucks Paradise Valley,The Biltmore area has some nice older homes too. You might want to look at Fountain Hills too.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:34 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,161,525 times
Well, we would have to know what part of Scottsdale and what general area for Phx. They are both huge and next to each other. I don't know where Glibert and Chandler came in with the other poster, totally out another direction. What you're looking for could be anywhere. We have that all over the place. If you make enough money definitely stay in Scottsdale, it's so much nicer.

Old 10-12-2006, 11:27 AM

1,207 posts, read 6,278,452 times
Try the Desert Ridge area. If your hubby is working in north Scottsdale, it will be an okay commute for him. Desert Ridge in in the northerly part of Phoenix, near the 101 and Tatum Boulevard.

If he's in south Scottsdale, you might look in Arcadia, but a 3CG there will be tough to find.

Old 10-12-2006, 01:37 PM

Thanks for the friendly advice, & yes, I did look at Fountain Valley!!! It looks amazing!!! Of course, I couldn't stay w/ my current company when their opportunity is WAAAAY South Phoenix, it would be about a 30 mi. drive. Hubby's on the way to the airport right now! My future hangs in the balance!

Old 10-12-2006, 02:31 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,470,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterMama View Post
Thanks for the friendly advice, & yes, I did look at Fountain Valley!!! It looks amazing!!! Of course, I couldn't stay w/ my current company when their opportunity is WAAAAY South Phoenix, it would be about a 30 mi. drive. Hubby's on the way to the airport right now! My future hangs in the balance!
Ok I'm confused now.....Fountain Valley Do you mean Fountain Hills and Paradise Valley?

You say your company is way South Phoenix. Ok so you need something between South Phoenix and Scottsdale, I think we are all thinking east and west not north and south. Phoenix is huge! Try Ahwatukee then, it's close to south Phoenix but not to Scottdale. Not many really good areas in between that would put you half way. I still say the Biltmore area or the Arcadia district like the other poster. Tha's only if you want an easy jaunt to Scottsdale if not look into Ahwatukee.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:25 AM

Oh I'm getting my CA confused w/ my AZ... There is a city called "Fountain Valley" here in CA, it's near Huntington Beach. An official offer is forthcoming, & it appears that there's a possibility he might work there for a few months (like 3) & then be able to come back & work from Irvine. Which means no selling the house & no moving for me... and a "commuter marriage" for a while. Weird. It's all a gigantic maybe. Thanks for all the great input. Desert Ridge, gotta check that out!

Old 10-27-2006, 07:17 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,691,909 times
A 30 minute commute isn't bad at all, that's what mine is. If you're working a 9-5 job you will have missed most of the heavy traffic (the worst is over by 8). If you can afford it, I'd buy in Scottsdale, Fountain Hills, or North Phoenix. Fountain Hills has a great small-town feel to it while only being 10 minutes from Scottsdale. It's also less expensive than Scottsdale and has all the amentites within a few minutes drive.

North Phoenix would also be a great choice since it's relatively close to both areas. There are a few great golf communities out there also. BUT if you can afford it...I would always go with Scottsdale. It's beautiful, lush, and has everything you could possibly need. I love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area