Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-24-2016, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Amongst the AZ Cactus
7,068 posts, read 6,419,172 times
Reputation: 7729

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Doug and Steve: I too really love trees and have 3 in my backyard. I don't want a spotless backyard. It's my NEIGHBOR who constantly complains about my trees and goes to the HOA and then decides to take matters into her own hands and started throwing excrement into my yard, which my doggies ate. Nice huh? I will probably have ALL of them removed, the two Sissoo and the Desert Museum in the back yard and then, hopefully, move.
yikes. Sorry to hear you have to deal with such an individual.

Seems what he did is illegal, against health code, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-10-2016, 08:13 PM
 
Location: prescott az
6,954 posts, read 11,986,199 times
Reputation: 14217
OK, the neighbor should be ecstatic.

All the Sissoos and the Desert Museum are GONE !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2016, 08:45 PM
 
Location: Amongst the AZ Cactus
7,068 posts, read 6,419,172 times
Reputation: 7729
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
OK, the neighbor should be ecstatic.

All the Sissoos and the Desert Museum are GONE !!!
I look at it if all those trees are(were) on your property, I don't think it's for your neighbor to decide what you can do/not do with your trees. Or please the neighbor, especially the way he was acting towards you. Often people like your neighbor will always find something to complain/whine about down the line, especially when they get an inch. That's my take anyways, standing up for my rights, not giving in to a whiny neighbor when I am within my rights to do something on my own private property.

With that said, if the HOA made the call for you to remove the trees and they didn't listen to any of your thoughts on the process/you were against the rules in some way, I can certainly understand that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2016, 10:50 AM
 
Location: prescott az
6,954 posts, read 11,986,199 times
Reputation: 14217
That is exactly why I didn't want to remove the Palo Verde Desert Museum, because the neighbor will assume they won.

But honestly, the trees were so messy and I have heard so many bad things about Sissoo. Everyone says they will clog up your water system, move under your foundation, and raise the walls around the house. So it was a no brainer for me. This very thing happened to another neighbor down the street. Part of her driveway had to be replaced.

So, thanks for informing me about Sissoo. I will never plant another one in my yard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2016, 12:13 PM
 
Location: Amongst the AZ Cactus
7,068 posts, read 6,419,172 times
Reputation: 7729
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
That is exactly why I didn't want to remove the Palo Verde Desert Museum, because the neighbor will assume they won.

But honestly, the trees were so messy and I have heard so many bad things about Sissoo. Everyone says they will clog up your water system, move under your foundation, and raise the walls around the house. So it was a no brainer for me. This very thing happened to another neighbor down the street. Part of her driveway had to be replaced.

So, thanks for informing me about Sissoo. I will never plant another one in my yard.
The Desert Museum Palo Verde is a very nice tree. Does drop quite a bit of flowers after a bloom cycle but I find it's like sweeping up confetti/I find it easy to clean up with a leaf blower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2016, 11:49 AM
 
1 posts, read 1,190 times
Reputation: 15
I have one of these monsters in my front yard. it is 16 years old and needs to be pruned every year for about $300. it has heaved the concrete in my driveway. It rains little green pods or whatever they are and makes a terrible mess regularly. The leaves are a continual nuisance as well. The little shoots that others have references are real and they grow well especially when you water lots during overseeding or replanting bare areas. And finally, they are not very strong. The last microburst we had lobbed off a 20 foot piece that would have extensively damaged my truck if I had been home that evening. This particular tree will be gone by this fall. Don't even consider planting one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2016, 12:47 PM
 
Location: prescott az
6,954 posts, read 11,986,199 times
Reputation: 14217
UPDATE: Yes, the trees are gone. BUT they are all coming back up. Every day there are about 4-5 new Sissoos in the front and back yards. Remember, I had 3 of the big trees removed.

And the Desert Museum is also coming back and is about 2 feet tall already. I decided to let it grow, since the lack of shade in the backyard is really bad. I have black temporary shades in the window because of all the heat. So I hope it comes back quickly.

The irony of this whole thing is that the crabby neighbor who threatened to sue me because of my tree flowers blowing in her pool, has moved. So, now we start over with someone new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2016, 02:22 PM
 
1,567 posts, read 1,939,353 times
Reputation: 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldminer2 View Post
I have one of these monsters in my front yard. it is 16 years old and needs to be pruned every year for about $300. it has heaved the concrete in my driveway. It rains little green pods or whatever they are and makes a terrible mess regularly. The leaves are a continual nuisance as well. The little shoots that others have references are real and they grow well especially when you water lots during overseeding or replanting bare areas. And finally, they are not very strong. The last microburst we had lobbed off a 20 foot piece that would have extensively damaged my truck if I had been home that evening. This particular tree will be gone by this fall. Don't even consider planting one.
2000 was the golden era for this stupid tree. My neighborhood was built 1999/2000 and the trees are everywhere raining destruction. I only have one left because it is too big to remove myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2016, 03:33 PM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
38,955 posts, read 50,875,947 times
Reputation: 28134
I cut mine down earlier this year. I hated to and the glare and sun are terrible now. But it was truly a bad tree and had to go. Some shoots came up, but nothing in the last few weeks. You have to stay on top of them, for sure. Had I gone away for the summer I would have come back to a sissoo forest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-24-2016, 04:28 PM
 
1 posts, read 1,048 times
Reputation: 10
I cannot stand this crappy tree. Even though I don't have it in my yard I been fighting with my neighbors to get rid of theirs. No good at all, shadow to my property, dirty messy, looks ugly. I have to clean for them after any wind. My pool gets tons of those ridiculous leaves. Finally I persuaded one neighbor to remove his 3 trees from his backyard who did that do not know why to answer my demands or to ease up his life I think both. Working with him on removing ones from his front years as well. Have a temptation to poor acid or something to dry these ****ing useless trees that do no good but mess. What a crappy tree. Should be on do not plant list of HoAs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top