Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2015, 08:03 PM

4 posts, read 5,564 times

Advertisements

Got a job offer in Mesa. Looking to rent 1250.00 max. Looking for good elementary schools and nice neighborhoods. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 10:37 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,955,708 times
Chandler, Gilbert or Southeast Mesa. Would be my recommendation. Most of central and west Mesa is not that great and the schools are pretty bad. Chandler, Gilbert or even areas of Tempe have good schools.

Old 09-15-2015, 11:28 AM

720 posts, read 733,907 times
I have a client who loves Red Mountain School District in Mesa - she has a special needs child and an honors child and she's an educator so she's done her homework and wants to stay in this district for the schools - however, with that said- everyones' opinion about excellent, good, fair, etc. is subjective so it's good to check out the school systems on the azed.gov website - I will send you a private message with a list of homes in that area...
Maha

Old 09-15-2015, 11:30 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,401,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
Chandler, Gilbert or Southeast Mesa. Would be my recommendation. Most of central and west Mesa is not that great and the schools are pretty bad. Chandler, Gilbert or even areas of Tempe have good schools.

Both districts in Tempe are good. Gilbert School District has been having issues for some time, but parts of Gilbert are served by other districts, such as Higley, which is good.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:53 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,741,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoochaz View Post
I have a client who loves Red Mountain School District in Mesa - she has a special needs child and an honors child and she's an educator so she's done her homework and wants to stay in this district for the schools - however, with that said- everyones' opinion about excellent, good, fair, etc. is subjective so it's good to check out the school systems on the azed.gov website - I will send you a private message with a list of homes in that area...
Maha
There is no Red Mountain School District. There is a Red Mountain High School in the Mesa Unified School District.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:44 PM

240 posts, read 837,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
Here is a west Mesa elementary school with a 9 out of 10 Great Schools rating. Ya just can't dump on a whole area like that. Lots of fine people live in central and west Mesa. If the OP's job is closer to east Mesa, then east Mesa would be a better choice, but if the OP's job is closer to central or west Mesa, then central or west Mesa would be a better choice. Now I'm not saying all of Mesa is great, but not all of, for example, Tempe is great either. One could even argue that living in east Mesa is a sheltered existence, especially when some people who live there think west Mesa is horrible and scary, lol. The nice thing about living in the metro area is that there are places that fit everyone's style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area