Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2013, 12:29 PM

3,328 posts, read 2,290,472 times

Advertisements

If you don't do it all yourself, who do you call these days for yard clean-up?

Thanks for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 12:57 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,703,863 times
A landscaper.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:08 PM

175 posts, read 492,987 times
I use landscapers that working in the area...you can easily spot them, trucks/trailers with landscape waste.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:23 PM

3,328 posts, read 2,290,472 times
When I said 'who' I meant as in names; between businesses that have gone downhill, gone under, or just didn't show up, it has been a wild ride.

Fortunately my yard is a low-maintenance desert landscape; used to tend to it myself, but the trees got higher, the branches got thicker and the shrubs grew like wildfire to the point where I was hacking away and not making much progress.

After a few years, I called in the troops. Unfortunately, I haven't found an outfit to stay with for the long haul.

Onward and upward.

Old 09-28-2013, 03:11 PM

79 posts, read 346,072 times
I live in STV and have used Lawn Maintenance Pro's three times. They did the job well, cleaned up nicely after the plant trimming or tree removal that I had done, and were priced right. They were a little difficult to nail down on an arrival time, but if you can live with that, I'd recommend them! Lawn Maintenance Pros LLC

Old 09-28-2013, 05:58 PM

105 posts, read 326,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs123 View Post
When I said 'who' I meant as in names; between businesses that have gone downhill, gone under, or just didn't show up, it has been a wild ride.

Fortunately my yard is a low-maintenance desert landscape; used to tend to it myself, but the trees got higher, the branches got thicker and the shrubs grew like wildfire to the point where I was hacking away and not making much progress.

After a few years, I called in the troops. Unfortunately, I haven't found an outfit to stay with for the long haul.

Onward and upward.

Just flag down the guys that drive around neighborhoods all day looking for landscape work. I flagged a guy down as he was driving down my street about 3 years ago and now he just shows up every month asking if i need him. Most he's ever charged me is $40 to trim and clean everything in my yard. These guys are all over, all the time.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:22 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,264,562 times
I wish I could find someone out here in Goodyear. I used to live in Peoria... I have a small yard in both cities. The guy in Peoria gave me an estimate of $250! When I lived in another state, my hard was 4 times the size and I could easily find someone to do it for $40 or less. Now in Goodyear, my front yard is about 20 feet by 10 feet, I had a guy estimate $100, just for that little front area! What the heck is going on out here? I am heading into 60 hour work weeks and am just exhausted and would rather not do it myself, but I'm not willing to pay so much money. I've flagged people down, they all want at least $100. Friends have people but they won't come this far west, and no one responds via Craigslist.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:55 AM

945 posts, read 2,530,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post
I wish I could find someone out here in Goodyear. I used to live in Peoria... I have a small yard in both cities. The guy in Peoria gave me an estimate of $250! When I lived in another state, my hard was 4 times the size and I could easily find someone to do it for $40 or less. Now in Goodyear, my front yard is about 20 feet by 10 feet, I had a guy estimate $100, just for that little front area! What the heck is going on out here? I am heading into 60 hour work weeks and am just exhausted and would rather not do it myself, but I'm not willing to pay so much money. I've flagged people down, they all want at least $100. Friends have people but they won't come this far west, and no one responds via Craigslist.
You might find that it is less expensive to just have biweekly service. We had a very high quote for periodic service and it turned out to be less expensive to just pay someone $35 biweekly. We are in Goodyear. I would just ask your neighbors or ask a landscaper when you see them in your neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area