Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 01:49 PM

124 posts, read 409,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
There are still a lot of cars that are not on the most stolen list that get stolen. Just because it's not on the list doesn't mean it doesn't get stolen.
That's beside the point. You asserted that cars are stolen because they are more expensive thereby implying that the increased car theft in Glendale was due to the idea they had a higher volume of luxury vehicles. I proved that most cars stolen in this country are not luxury vehicles. Also, the fact that Glendale pales in comparison to the east valley in regards to the number of luxury dealerships which means there are less luxury cars in Glendale otherwise the dealerships would located there in the first place to satify their consumers who reside there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2007, 01:50 PM

89 posts, read 327,067 times
Ever wonder why people in the east valley fight against every Wallymart that is proposed, yet west siders open their hands to Wallymart...says alot..

Old 11-20-2007, 01:51 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,179,643 times
I really hate these threads of "which city is best?"! The best city is whichever city is best for YOU. And YOU are the only one that can decide that. It may take a few weeks of exploring or years to find the best city for you.

Comparing east valley to the west valley is ridiculous and NEVER works.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:06 PM

It's one thing to say you prefer the west valley. It's another thing entirely to provide inaccurate information like suggesting the higher incidence of auto theft is due to west valley somehow having a larger volume of luxury cars which attracts thieves.

I don't have issues with one claiming the west valley is nicer in their opinion. I do take issues when one tries to suggest it's wealthier, safer and more developed. Sorry but the facts don't agree with that assertion. There is a price to be paid for living on the west side in that it's still not as developed as the east valley. I don't think any rational person would disagree with that statement. That's not suggesting the west side isn't becoming developed but at this point in time, there is still a big discrepancy.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:22 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,179,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxray View Post
It's one thing to say you prefer the west valley. It's another thing entirely to provide inaccurate information like suggesting the higher incidence of auto theft is due to west valley somehow having a larger volume of luxury cars which attracts thieves.

I don't have issues with one claiming the west valley is nicer in their opinion. I do take issues when one tries to suggest it's wealthier, safer and more developed. Sorry but the facts don't agree with that assertion. There is a price to be paid for living on the west side in that it's still not as developed as the east valley. I don't think any rational person would disagree with that statement. That's not suggesting the west side isn't becoming developed but at this point in time, there is still a big discrepancy.
You're taking what I'm saying out of context. I guess it's ok for you state things that may not be entirely true.

Old 11-20-2007, 02:37 PM

4 posts, read 11,178 times
Default Arizona which city is the best?

Thank you all..
I did not know I was opening pandora's box! I thank you all for your input and will take all the advice given. I am still nervous about which neighborhood to choose, especially not being there to see the differences between them. Hopefully the right choice will be made, I have been doing some research on the different areas online about schools, crime, etc... I need a good school district which includes the high school! I am currently living in a suburb outside of Chicago (good schools, low crime rate, upscale shopping, etc.) I think I am leaning toward the East Valley Neighborhoods. Now to find the one that fits my needs. Anymore help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all...

Old 11-20-2007, 02:46 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,967,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coach_michelle View Post
Thank you all..
I did not know I was opening pandora's box! I thank you all for your input and will take all the advice given. I am still nervous about which neighborhood to choose, especially not being there to see the differences between them. Hopefully the right choice will be made, I have been doing some research on the different areas online about schools, crime, etc... I need a good school district which includes the high school! I am currently living in a suburb outside of Chicago (good schools, low crime rate, upscale shopping, etc.) I think I am leaning toward the East Valley Neighborhoods. Now to find the one that fits my needs. Anymore help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all...
Well if you husband is working in Laveen you don't have a whole Valley of options unless he doesn't mind traveling around the Valley.

Ahwatukee and S Tempe are established areas close to his job and they are worth looking into.

Good Luck on whatever you decide.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
You're taking what I'm saying out of context. I guess it's ok for you state things that may not be entirely true.
I didn't take anything out of context. You tried to justify the west side's high auto-theft by suggesting it has so many luxury cars to entice criminals to come there. You were rationalizing. You didn't know the facts. You intuitively guessed that if a city has a high volume of nice cars then the criminals would follow. This was your attempt to turn a negative feature of the west side into a positive by suggesting it's so wealthy that it attracts crime. That argument doesn't work because Scottsdale and Chandler have more luxury dealerships and cars and have less crime. Nice try but the fact is a vehicle's price has little to do with theft. The evdence supports this by showing the cars that are most often stolen were average sedans like the Accord and Camry. Thieves are less prone to steal luxury vehicles because of the accompany risk associated with stealing them. Luxury cars are in less supply and thus attract more attention. They are easier to locate and their parts are more difficult to sell; they also tend to have higher security related features which also makes them less desirable to steal. The west side's high autho theft rate has nothing to do with any perceived high volume of luxury cars. You can backtrack if you want but anyone can see you were just making up information to justify why it costs more to insure cars in the west side. If you don't know something, you should research it instead of guessing. Nonetheless, I'm sure you will offer a response so have the last word, I've got nothing left to prove.

Last edited by cxray; 11-20-2007 at 07:38 PM..

Old 11-20-2007, 07:11 PM

89 posts, read 327,067 times
Bottom line....If you have kids and they need to go to school.... Gilbert has the best school district in the valley...Everyone will agree to that and I know that seems pretty damn important to parents.. Tempe and Chandler are close second.

Old 11-20-2007, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT350 View Post
Bottom line....If you have kids and they need to go to school.... Gilbert has the best school district in the valley...Everyone will agree to that and I know that seems pretty damn important to parents.. Tempe and Chandler are close second.
I would agree with this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area