Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 12:09 AM

4 posts, read 11,182 times

Advertisements

We are relocating our family from Chicago to Arizona. My husband is already in Arizona working in Laveen and living in Maricopa. I am hoping someone can help me decide on which city to move our 3 girls to, Avondale, Goodyear, Queen Creek, Maricopa... or if anyone has any suggestions for us! I am a little nervous about relocating and not knowing anything about the places I listed! My husband sends pics of houses for sale and wants to know where we would like to live. Please help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 05:49 AM

443 posts, read 2,138,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coach_michelle View Post
We are relocating our family from Chicago to Arizona. My husband is already in Arizona working in Laveen and living in Maricopa. I am hoping someone can help me decide on which city to move our 3 girls to, Avondale, Goodyear, Queen Creek, Maricopa... or if anyone has any suggestions for us! I am a little nervous about relocating and not knowing anything about the places I listed! My husband sends pics of houses for sale and wants to know where we would like to live. Please help.
I am sure you will get some replies. I lived in Yuma so can't really say about the phoenix area BUT I can say A POOL IS A MUST!!!!! Esp with 3 kids!! Good luck on y our search. A good site to look for houses is ZipRealty Real Estate -- Homes for sale and local real estate agents

Good luck!

Old 11-19-2007, 06:04 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,973,471 times
Quote:

If he works in Laveen, Ahwatukee would be a decent choice or South Tempe. The Kyrene school district is pretty good.

Queen Creek is too far.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:16 PM

132 posts, read 593,880 times
we just moved here from Chicago. We live in Buckeye but I would rather live in Avondale, Goodyear or Litchfield Park

Old 11-19-2007, 05:31 PM

4 posts, read 11,182 times
Default thank you

I wanted to say thank you to all of you and anyone else that would like to share... I am just worried about the neighborhoods, crime, schools, traveling distance to shopping, etc... I have read alot of threads and most seem to be against living in Laveen but Avondale and Goodyear people seem to like. Still need your advice...Thanks again

Old 11-19-2007, 05:36 PM

Quote:
I wanted to say thank you to all of you and anyone else that would like to share... I am just worried about the neighborhoods, crime, schools, traveling distance to shopping, etc... I have read alot of threads and most seem to be against living in Laveen but Avondale and Goodyear people seem to like. Still need your advice...Thanks again
Personally I would say be careful with parts of Avondale.

I say South Tempe, Chandler, Ahwatukee.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:08 PM

89 posts, read 327,299 times
Two words....EAST VALLEY.

West side is in the news every night for some sort of crime. West Phx is the worst and Avondale and Goodyear are both getting the overflow from W. Phx. Ahwatukee is nice, Foothills area of Ahwatukee is even nicer, but the drive will kill ya. S.Tempe is really nice too.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT350 View Post
Two words....EAST VALLEY.

West side is in the news every night for some sort of crime. West Phx is the worst and Avondale and Goodyear are both getting the overflow from W. Phx. Ahwatukee is nice, Foothills area of Ahwatukee is even nicer, but the drive will kill ya. S.Tempe is really nice too.
It won't be too bad of a drive from Ahwatukee if her husband sneaks behind the Point to Baseline.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:21 PM

44,678 posts, read 61,796,128 times
Two words: West Valley. East valley has been in the news lately for murders, child molesters, rapes and dog killers.
West valley has the greatest growth momentum going right now and a lot of new amenities.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:34 PM

89 posts, read 327,299 times
Yup...and where are the top three scholl districts in the valley....East valley...all three.

Every night west side is named in the news....every night. I'm not saying the east side is crime free....but west side has 4 to 1 crimes over east side....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area