Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 12:23 PM

148 posts, read 265,424 times

Advertisements

We bought hockey tickets for the arena in Glendale and I saw that you can pre pay for parking, is this a must do ? is it more expensive park on the day of the game ?

never been to see a game in Glendale before, any tips would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 12:26 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,225,777 times
Definitely not a must do, especially for hockey, there is a 60,000 seat stadium in the area so there is plenty of parking. Unless it says you save money by paying early then it will be the same. For football it is helpful to buy in advance so you know where to head to find your parking, at the Arena there is no need for this. I've been there a dozen times for sold out concerts and have never paid in advance for parking.

I will say, I've never been there for an event since the Tanger Outlets were built and that took up a lot of the Arena parking so you may have a walk a bit further now then you did before but there is still plenty of parking.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:41 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Definitely not a must do, especially for hockey, there is a 60,000 seat stadium in the area so there is plenty of parking. Unless it says you save money by paying early then it will be the same. For football it is helpful to buy in advance so you know where to head to find your parking, at the Arena there is no need for this. I've been there a dozen times for sold out concerts and have never paid in advance for parking.

I will say, I've never been there for an event since the Tanger Outlets were built and that took up a lot of the Arena parking so you may have a walk a bit further now then you did before but there is still plenty of parking.
This is older information though.

Under the new arena management agreement there will be parking fees for all events at jobing.com arena.

Here is the new information
Coyotes Introduce New Parking Plan for All Arena Events - Phoenix Coyotes - News

I haven't been to a game yet this year so I'm not sure how it's being managed - I know that westgate has always been somewhat protective of their spots during Cardinals games ..... not sure about how feasible it is to simply park and westgate or tanger and avoid the parking fee. I would imagine they had something in place for this though.

Westgate doesn't seem to say much on their webpage about it, but does highlight these game day specials
Westgate Entertainment District : Coyotes

I can't find much online chatter about it either

Old 12-10-2013, 12:47 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,225,777 times
From the website Finger Laker posted...

"All guests are highly encouraged to pre-purchase a parking permit via TicketMaster or by calling 480-563-PUCK (7825) before the event.

Pre-Purchased Coyotes parking permit prices range from $10 to $20 for self-parking. Day of event parking prices for Coyotes games range from $10 to $25 for self-parking."

You have to pay that stupid "convenience fee" when you purchase stuff through Ticketmaster.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:41 PM

233 posts, read 258,149 times
We paid $15 to park for a game a few weeks ago. I'm sure if you get there early enough you could sneak into parking around the AMC theatre and not have to pay. There's really no reason to pay ahead of time.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:20 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times
I never pay to park. I park by the AMC.

Old 12-10-2013, 07:04 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,484,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAZ View Post
We paid $15 to park for a game a few weeks ago. I'm sure if you get there early enough you could sneak into parking around the AMC theatre and not have to pay. There's really no reason to pay ahead of time.
No need to sneak. Just a bit further to walk. There is no parking police to ask you if you are going shopping, dining, or going to a movie.
This is one of the reasons i don't understand the whole parking fee's estimates for income the Glendale and the team have. Why pay when so many lots there are free. Maybe they will have parking police in the future and you can get a voucher from business to get out of fees...still.
I'll walk an extra few hundred feet to get out of paying $20 when i'm going to eat before the game anyways, and maybe get an app and a beer after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I never pay to park. I park by the AMC.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:47 AM

233 posts, read 258,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
No need to sneak. Just a bit further to walk. There is no parking police to ask you if you are going shopping, dining, or going to a movie.
This is one of the reasons i don't understand the whole parking fee's estimates for income the Glendale and the team have. Why pay when so many lots there are free. Maybe they will have parking police in the future and you can get a voucher from business to get out of fees...still.
I'll walk an extra few hundred feet to get out of paying $20 when i'm going to eat before the game anyways, and maybe get an app and a beer after.

We showed up relatively close to gametime against the Blackhawks. Those lots were full. We didn't have another option and it was already crazy busy. I don't mind walking a few extra hundred feet, but sometimes it's not an option.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:18 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,478,654 times
Went to a game last year and a lot attendant asked me if I was going to Westgate or to the game. Planned on getting a drink or two before the game so told him Westgate. Saved me a few bucks to spend on drinks and I got a good parking spot.

Old 12-11-2013, 12:17 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,226,281 times
There were no parking fees so no money was saved - probably did save you the hassle of getting into the line for permit parking and kept you from being shuttled into a further away spot

We'd typically park down by the AMC in the past on the Johnny Rockets side of things - was easy in and easy out .... although last year we did end up in the overflow lot on the east and once in a lot near the Renaissance Hotel - which was great as we had our kids with us

mj-rk1 - definitely come back and let us know the scene for this year ..... I guess the same for others, what is the experience like this year? - I personally haven't made it out yet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area