Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 12:11 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,940,499 times

Advertisements

So we weren't going to do a pool at the new house but then what's the point of the backyard? :tongue: The house layout is so ideal for a pool it would almost be a shame not to.

We ended up doing our own design (hey, they said any shape!) and wanted a sort of Mediterranean/Old World feel to it (I know you're thinking Lions Heads, really? I've got my flame suit on! ). Pool is not that big or deep, but it's not like we're going to be doing laps.

Had to sort of get on it pretty quick as the neighbor was cool enough to let us go through his yard since our side access is only 5' wide and his is a lot bigger...but he is starting his backyard landscaping so had to at least do the dig pretty fast.

The pool company we went with has been really great...really on top of things, really good about keeping us in the loop and letting us know what happens next etc.

Some specs and details:

• 22' x 17'
• 336 SQ FT Area
• 83' Perimeter
• 10,500 Gallon

• 6' long Baja entry w/ umbrella sleeve
• Two in-pool TrazoCrete 30" round tables w/ umbrella sleeves
• Wrap around bench seating
• 36" Sheer decent waterfall & 2 Lions Heads scuppers
• MagnaSweep Select in-floor cleaning system (lifetime warranty)
• PebbleSheen w/ 20% Luminous Blue Blend glass interior finish (lifetime warranty)
• Travertine 12"x6" coping

This is design we gave them...

And this is what they came up with...

This is the interior finish, we really wanted that sparkling aqua blue color.

Table finish and waterline tile.

Water feature finish.

Travertine coping finish.

And on to the fun stuff...

First the layout...

Neighbor let us knock down his side wall and go through his yard. He was going to put in an RV gate anyway so it wasn't a huge inconvenience, plus I gave him some money and paid the pool buys to remove all that dirt you see on the side there...but still way cool of him to allow us to do it.

Fence between our yards knocked down and excavator coming through...

Let the digging begin!

Pool all dug out and forms in place. The soil here is such ****, it's amazing anything grows at all.

Plumbing...

And rebar! Next step is electrical (which they are outside right now working on it). Everything up to this point has taken 1 week to complete, pretty crazy how fast they move.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 12:17 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,083,430 times
I really like the tables and bench seating all the way around. I'm looking at remodeling ours, as a swim up bar is sounding real good to me right now.

Enjoy!

Old 11-01-2013, 12:34 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,221,448 times
Looks good, what company did you go with?

It's going to kill you to have it built now and have to just look at it until next June. We built ours late in the season and we were so excited to get in it we went swimming in February....only once though.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:41 PM

We went with Tribal Waters and really glad we did, they have been great so far.

I know what you mean about the swimming season but oh well, at least we can visually enjoy it.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:52 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Looks really, really nice. Be sure to invite us all over when the water warms up.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:53 PM

1,699 posts, read 2,431,979 times
Nice HX.
Yes, the soil is pretty solid. Planted a tree once, could have sworn the worlds biggest diamant was sitting right there......
Took me a day to dig a relatively small hole.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:54 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,641,113 times
Looks great! I really like the idea of the in-pool tables with umbrellas. I wish we had that. Did you consider doing a spa with an overflow feature in between the lion heads? I'm sure that would significantly jack up the cost but it would look cool! I can't wait to see the finished product. Congrats!

Old 11-01-2013, 12:57 PM

Thanks guys!

Neither of us really looks spas so it wasn't a consideration. I literally get nauseous in spas, the hot water, I don't know...but I don't like it. I never go in them even at hotels etc.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
Thanks guys!

Neither of us really looks spas so it wasn't a consideration. I literally get nauseous in spas, the hot water, I don't know...but I don't like it. I never go in them even at hotels etc.
LOL, I would never go in a hotel one either! The chloramines emanating from the froth are enough to kill you.

Old 11-01-2013, 01:02 PM

I know what you mean about a backyard just not having that whatever without a pool. It's hard to go from a house that has a pool to one that does not. They are such a focal point and backyard eye candy (especially your new one).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area