Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 08:28 PM

264 posts, read 1,595,848 times

Advertisements

What is the average HOA fee? & what do you get for that? The area I live now doesn't really have neighborhoods like this so I'm not sure what to expect. & do most neighborhoods have HOAs?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 11:56 PM

343 posts, read 552,109 times
It varies.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:55 AM

264 posts, read 1,595,848 times
Default understand varies

I understand it varies, but I have absulotely no idea what to expect, is it a few dollars a month/year or thousands. & what does it include.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:05 AM

702 posts, read 3,151,584 times
Here in Green Valley there are 36 home owner associations, soon to be 37. The yearly fee in our area is $400.00 and we live in the 2nd newest area of town. The fee covers maintenance for all our private streets and common areas. The common areas are sections not owned directly by individual property owners, but owned by all. These sections have maintained landscaping. Electronic gate repair and maintenance and painting of the entrance areas. Some of the fee is for insurance in case of a lawsuit for any reason. The fee basically covers anything other than the individual private properties. This fee differs by HOA area. The difference is caused by HOA areas that have more/less common areas and the amount of houses in that area. The highest fee in Green Valley, that I know of, is about $650.00 yearly. Before we moved to our present area we paid $220.00. Hope that gives you an idea. I have no knowledge about fees outside of Green Valley.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:09 AM

461 posts, read 1,809,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolagirl View Post
I understand it varies, but I have absulotely no idea what to expect, is it a few dollars a month/year or thousands. & what does it include.
Like Nice Nice Baby said, it varies. Here are some items that will determine what you pay:

- Community pools, parks, club houses.
- If you live in a condo, expect to pay way more. Condo HOA fees cover outside maintenance, insurance on the buildings, property taxes, etc.
- Some communities will be low because they may only cover garbage pickup and maintenance for the entrances of the subdivision. Others will be higher because they might have fancy street lights and stuff.

There's no way to determine what you'll pay or what it will cover. Every place will be different, but I can tell you I've seen HOA fees as low as $100.00 a year to well over $20,000 a year (yes, $20,000). But that would be for a multimillion dollar home in a rather luxurious development with tons of amenities like golf/swim clubs, etc. So it's just going to depend on whether you choose a condo or single family and what type of development it is. Sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:53 AM

21 posts, read 179,057 times
our HOA fees for Tatum Ranch in Cave Creek are $ 90.00 quarterly.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:01 PM

702 posts, read 3,151,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
Here in Green Valley there are 36 home owner associations, soon to be 37. The yearly fee in our area is $400.00 and we live in the 2nd newest area of town. The fee covers maintenance for all our private streets and common areas. The common areas are sections not owned directly by individual property owners, but owned by all. These sections have maintained landscaping. Electronic gate repair and maintenance and painting of the entrance areas. Some of the fee is for insurance in case of a lawsuit for any reason. The fee basically covers anything other than the individual private properties. This fee differs by HOA area. The difference is caused by HOA areas that have more/less common areas and the amount of houses in that area. The highest fee in Green Valley, that I know of, is about $650.00 yearly. Before we moved to our present area we paid $220.00. Hope that gives you an idea. I have no knowledge about fees outside of Green Valley.
I should add that in Green Valley there is a separate recreation fee that covers the use of 12 recreation centers, 4 of which are major multi-million dollar facilities. This fee is $380.00 yearly. I would imagine that some other communities may have a rec fee also or they may combine it with the HOA fee if they only have one HOA area.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:04 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,742,090 times
Here in Vistancia on the west side run $275 a quarter. We have three pools, a club house, gym, walking trails, basketball court, tennis courts. Golf courses, one across the street at Trilogy and one private golf course for Blackstone residents and members.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:30 PM

353 posts, read 1,366,596 times
Something to consider is guard gated. If it is a gated community with a guard the HOA is significantly more. I find that when you are looking the MLS (multiple listings) , they give you that information. It is best to find out what the fee includes when you are interested in a house because some to include services like cable, so you pay a higher HOA fee, but you don't have to pay a cable bill.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:36 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,938,126 times
We pay $124 quarterly and it really doesn't include much from what I know. We don't have any common park areas or clubhouses, community pools or golf courses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area