U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2014, 09:48 PM

24 posts, read 40,332 times

Advertisements

I have lived in a number of places in the US.. along the east coast for the most part. I have heard all my life Phoenix is where I need to go with my lung concerns. and finances are a factor in all this as well. I am on a limited income as I am on disability and it is not very high. so with that in mind I have heard I can get HUD housing and it would help my quality of life as far as my health concerns fare.. now my concerns are do i need to live there to qualify for HUD first is it going to place me in an area I need to fear for my well-being. can anyone tell me ahead of time if this is going to be a bad idea or if it will be fine if I stay to myself which I do for the most part .
change is coming to me harder and harder but i know if i stay here one more year the cold is going to kill me. so i need to move before that happens and I have no choices left to make a move.
All responses will be considered and thanks.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 01:11 PM

344 posts, read 571,164 times
Putting it bluntly, no. Police forces have been reduced, schools are lacking money, very few burger spots that aren't chains. That said, the suburbs of both cities offer some decent schools and sheriff's department protection.

Old 03-23-2014, 07:48 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,516,857 times
Most pubic housing almost always has a local residency requirement. In some places waiting lists can be up to two years. Usually public housing is run by either a very large city or the county or both. Heres a link for Tucson.

Housing Management | The Official Website for the City of Tucson, Arizona
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area