Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 06:07 PM

40 posts, read 134,684 times

Advertisements

My wife and i are planning to relocate to n.scottsdale in dec 08.We are looking at the morningside apts on e.via linda in scottsdale ranch area.Any info would help us out alot.Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 07:08 PM

1,270 posts, read 5,207,167 times
What kind of info are you looking for?

Old 12-26-2007, 09:54 PM

Default about the area/jobs etc...

Scorpions and other stuff Lol

Old 12-26-2007, 11:39 PM

267 posts, read 885,065 times
A friend of mine used to live in those apartments. She never really had any problems there. And she lived on the first floor. Most buildings in that area are really good about keeping pests out.

The area is really nice. North Scottsdale is great, I lived there for close to a year in 03' to 04' and have friends who have lived there their entire lives. Some of the people there I could do without, but they mostly live in the subdivisions (ultimately that's one of the final straws as too why I moved, to many issues with my HOA and neighbors). But as for morningside, they seemed very nice and my friend never complained.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:01 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,207,167 times
I have not seen a single scorpion since I moved here in September, or in my various trips here before I moved. ;-) All I have seen to date have been standard issue house spiders just like you get anywhere.

That area is about 10 miles give or take south of where I am. I am at Mayo and Scottsdale Road by Kierland. This whole area is really nice. Actually I think that was one of the apartments on my list to checkout when I was planning my move, but I never did make it there.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:52 AM

Default Thanks alot for the info everybody

It helps to know the whole picture before you move to a certain area.Everything i have heard about the area from schools to crime seems to be good so far and i can't wait to move From pittsburgh to such a nice area like N.Scottsdale

Old 01-03-2008, 10:42 PM

19 posts, read 97,736 times
Hi, I don't know much about the apartments you mentioned, but I used to live in San Paloma apartments (by Shea Blvd. and N. 70th Street)...Anyway, they were very nice, really nice grounds with a beautiful pool, tennis courts, volleyball, etc. I NEVER saw any scorpions there! Not once. My husband and I eventually left Arizona (it just wasn't for us), but I do think Scottsdale is a great place to live if you think AZ is for you. Good luck!

Old 01-04-2008, 07:44 AM

Default wow rent just went up 100$ In That area!!!!!!!

why and how much more will the rent increase in N.Scottsdale in the next year?????

Old 01-04-2008, 04:48 PM

19 posts, read 97,736 times
Well, I don't live in AZ anymore, but I doubt the rent would increase drastically in Scottsdale over the next year. I can't remember for sure, but I think our rent at San Paloma was around $1100/month for a 2-bedroom apt. We had one covered parking spot, and plenty of uncovered parking for the second car. I'll ask my husband later to confirm what we paid at San Paloma, as I can't remember for sure...but it was somehwere close to $1100.

As for why we left AZ...Well, we're both originally from the East Coast (my husband grew up in NYC, and I lived there for 4 years before moving to AZ.) Anyway, it was just so different for me, and I personally couldn't handle the heat. But some people can, so it's really all about what you can handle! I also was going through some personal issues at the time, and it wasn't a good time to be away from everything and everyone I knew. But it is overall a beautiful place...just VERY very different from the major cities of the East Coast. Where are you originally from??

Old 01-04-2008, 04:52 PM

461 posts, read 1,809,564 times
Check out Desert Park Vista apartments in N. Scottsdale. They're at 94th Street north of East Bell Road. It's absolutely beautiful there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area