Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 09:14 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,941,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
You don't??? Are you sure you didn't spend the month in Flagstaff last year?

I don't know how anyone could forget June of last year, especially that last week.
I sure remember! It was so hot last summer my garden...and most of my friend's as well...did really crappy. Couldn't believe how hot it was so early. We all tried to keep things watered, etc. but I think that just 'boiled' them. LOL I think we tend to forget, from summer to summer, just what was what. So every summer we think it's hotter than the summer before.

Can't WAIT for the annual "I hate the heat" threads we have every summer here. We turn into crybabies till October! lol j/k but it's true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 09:20 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,344,710 times
It is the desert, it gets hot! I don't get complaining about it.

That would be like me moving to Alaska and complaining that it is cold.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:27 AM

39,130 posts, read 51,428,209 times
The temp forecast this week has inched up a bit. NWS now has 100 forecast for my Goodyear on Thursday. Oh Lord! Here we go again.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:31 AM

My Accuweather app has nothing over 93 this week

Old 04-08-2014, 09:46 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,263,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
It is the desert, it gets hot! I don't get complaining about it.

That would be like me moving to Alaska and complaining that it is cold.
Or it would be like living in Iowa and complaining about the cold and snow. From the Iowa forum...

Quote:
I don't like winter and I really hate snow. I don't think I have mentioned that before
I don't think people were complaining, we were having a discussion on our memory of how hot it got the last couple years.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Or it would be like living in Iowa and complaining about the cold and snow. From the Iowa forum...

I don't think people were complaining, we were having a discussion on our memory of how hot it got the last couple years.
Yes, I complained about snow in Iowa...I don't deny that. But I did something about it and MOVED.

It's the ones who are always complaining about heat in the desert, yet still live in the desert. Where it is hot.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:05 AM

I think the ones that live in the desert are the most qualified and have the right to complain about the heat.

Kind of pointless for me to live in Phoenix and complain about the cold in Iowa.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:18 AM

39,130 posts, read 51,428,209 times
Quote:
Yes, I complained about snow in Iowa...I don't deny that. But I did something about it and MOVED.

It's the ones who are always complaining about heat in the desert, yet still live in the desert. Where it is hot.
You're new. I've been through about 40 of these summers now and I don't look forward to them anymore. When the novelty of sitting in the pool or exploring new places wears off you will find that there is little to do after June but sit indoors and wait for October. What I really hate is to see the late spring season end. It is, by far, the best time of year in the Phoenix area.

When school gets out, we will head for the high country house for a few days at a time. It is a welcome and time-honored tradition. I have a lot of remodeling to do this year in anticipation of the kids finishing high school and me and ma being able to spend most of the summer in the pines. That is why I stay.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:25 AM

487 posts, read 751,390 times
I've complained for YEARS about the cold and snow and gloominess of the Chicago area, and while I'm doing something about it now, I felt very justified in complaining during the prior years too. There were other factors keeping me here in years past, and I still hated the cold so I complained about it. I didn't feel like I had to stop complaining simply because I was stuck here.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You're new. I've been through about 40 of these summers now and I don't look forward to them anymore. When the novelty of sitting in the pool or exploring new places wears off you will find that there is little to do after June but sit indoors and wait for October. What I really hate is to see the late spring season end. It is, by far, the best time of year in the Phoenix area.
While I've only been through 6 summers here I'm also at that point. I don't hate the heat or complain about the heat of the summer but I don't look forward to it either. The other eight months of the year are why we stay.

Jealous of your house in the pines and look forward to the day when we can get one ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area