Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2014, 02:54 PM

240 posts, read 839,274 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for recommendations for an on-the-ball, detail-oriented insurance broker. Please follow CD's TOS and don't slam any companies by name in this thread. PM me if you want.

I'm looking for an insurance broker that quotes for several insurance companies (Safeco, Travelers, Liberty Mutual, etc). I would like my new insurance broker to ask me questions and not let a computer program auto-fill the boxes, someone who really takes great care to get things done correctly the first time, and someone who won't blow smoke up my rear end just to sell me a policy. Do you know anyone like that? Or do you have any other suggestions to find a decent company?

Right now I'm just exasperated by my experiences. I so want to find a great insurance agent who knows his/her stuff. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 04:15 PM

2,155 posts, read 5,188,668 times
Contact Charlotte Burr at 480-535-5709, with the AZ Insurance Team. She is precisely the person you wish to speak with. She does Hartford, Travelers, Safeco, Metlife, GMAC and others.

Old 12-19-2014, 12:00 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,610,206 times
Can someone tell me why they would use an insurance broker instead of shopping around themselves?
I'm not clear what the benefit would be. Wouldn't the cost be more?

Plus, if I'm in the Phoenix area, do they have to be local?

Old 12-19-2014, 12:51 PM

2,155 posts, read 5,188,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
Can someone tell me why they would use an insurance broker instead of shopping around themselves?

It depends how much time you have, how much you know about insurance and how much you like to shop.

For many people an insurance broker offers a "one call does it all" service. Plus you have someone to grab by the throat (figuratively of course) if they screw up. You can argue both sides. That is why America is such a great country. You can make your own choices.

Old 12-20-2014, 07:11 AM

6,341 posts, read 14,717,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post

I don't think it costs any more to get quoted by an agent that handles multiple lines.

My agent doesn't seem to care which "brand" I choose & the rates I've gotten so far are inline with single-brand insurers.

The nice thing about having a "real" agent is the knowledge they have, some things in the insurance business are counterintuitive. When I was getting quotes for my bro's house, it was much cheaper to set the insured value higher than we thought it really was - "cheap" houses seem to have more frequent claims.. Raising the insured value by $20k actually cut the premium in half.

Old 12-20-2014, 10:04 AM

61 posts, read 67,269 times
My "cheap house" policy was 320 per year in 2012 with a great Farmer's agent. 300K liability, too. Strange thing is different agencies will give different prices on the same policy, for the same person. My agent is based in Valencia, California, but they have an office in Mesa or Gilbert.

Old 12-20-2014, 03:37 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,251,597 times
Personal lines or commercial? I could have some thoughts for commercial as I work with a lot of commercial agents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area