Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 12:43 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,497,714 times

Advertisements

Luxury homes for less in West Valley communities

"Now, you can easily find houses in the west that you would find in Scottsdale and north Phoenix."

"Buyers can find houses as luxurious as homes in Scottsdale or north Phoenix, but for 20 to 25 percent less, according to Clifford."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 12:48 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,702,772 times
Sorry Steve, but duh. Isn't that the west valley's whole value proposition; more house for less money? I don't think the fact that you can get a home in the west valley for less than an identical model in Scottsdale is news to anyone.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:51 PM

3,819 posts, read 11,974,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Sorry Steve, but duh. Isn't that the west valley's whole value proposition; more house for less money? I don't think the fact that you can get a home in the west valley for less than an identical model in Scottsdale is news to anyone.
Not just that, but there's a reason for it...real or perceived and warranted or not.

And I live in North Peoria. Our same floor plan in far north Phoenix (Norterra) was $80k more and something like $140k more in Desert Ridge.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:51 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,261,956 times
Location is always going to draw a premium in price. That is Real Estate 101 and is hardly news.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:56 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,497,714 times
Agree with all the comments so far.

Just an article on the trend of houses going a bit more higher end it seems in these parts...nothing more, nothing less. I own no stocks in home builders/west valley land to benefit.

Old 06-30-2014, 12:59 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Agree with all the comments so far.

Just an article on the trend of houses going a bit more higher end it seems in these parts...nothing more, nothing less.
Yeah, higher end homes can't hurt the west valley or the cities where they are springing up.

Old 06-30-2014, 03:00 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,355,942 times
Yep - I guess I agree with the location being paramount - HOWEVER - its the same theory for some of these folks as more of us middle classers - if I can get higher amenities, more room, more land - at the same or less price - AND I don't NEED the "lifestyle" that being closer to Scottsdale etc. offers - why not? I mean these people didn't make their money because they are stupid!

Then what might (big might) start happening is a few of these folks start getting the same idea and then some of the amenities that Scottsdale offers may start popping up elsewhere.

Granted - this is only a possibility - and for now - most people who can afford it still seem to want to be where the "in" crowd is....

And of course as with us "normal" people - where they work will still determine a lot...

Old 07-02-2014, 09:01 AM

13,484 posts, read 7,467,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9730 View Post
Yep - I guess I agree with the location being paramount - HOWEVER - its the same theory for some of these folks as more of us middle classers - if I can get higher amenities, more room, more land - at the same or less price - AND I don't NEED the "lifestyle" that being closer to Scottsdale etc. offers - why not? I mean these people didn't make their money because they are stupid!

Then what might (big might) start happening is a few of these folks start getting the same idea and then some of the amenities that Scottsdale offers may start popping up elsewhere.

Granted - this is only a possibility - and for now - most people who can afford it still seem to want to be where the "in" crowd is....

And of course as with us "normal" people - where they work will still determine a lot...

Why all the bashing on Scottsdale? Just because one works hard goes to school and gets a good paying job lives in Scottsdale get bashed. What "lifestyle" do you mean raising a family going to church?

Old 07-02-2014, 09:11 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,536,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh9730 View Post

Enough with the Scottsdale broad stereotyping. There are thousands of "normal" people in Scottsdale, too.

Back to topic.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:13 AM

1,707 posts, read 4,355,942 times
Wow - I wasn't stereotyping at all! Nor bashing! What I was saying is that Scottsdale has much higher end amenities in terms of restaraunts, activities and the like and where people with similar interests to their own interests live.

And my point was that if (like many at all socio-economic scales) more room (relative to income or desire), or nicer appliances etc. was more important than those type of amenities to even the most wealthy than the outlying communities offer those same choices as lower end homes.

I.E. - 200K buys a lot more house and land in Casa Grande than in Chandler, and in MOST of Scottsdale you get a lot more house in Chandler than in Scottsdale for that same 200K. Just math. The same math applies at 1M+ - you can get multiple acres with a VERY well appointed home for that money in CG as opposed to less (but still nice granted!) in Scottsdale - BUT, to go to Ruth Chris or whatever you have to drive an hour....

BELIEVE ME - Im for people spending what they earn in ANY way they want! No class envy here....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area