Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 10:41 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,226,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shello Bello View Post
I have a friend that just moved here from other state. Therefore, they have their license suspended in the previous state that they lived in. But I was wondering if they AZ MVD run your driver license in the data base and see they have a suspended license in other state and would that stop them from getting their license??
I don't agree with your premise. Your license does not get suspended just because you move to a new state. She had to have done something to warrant a suspension.

If she didn't do anything, and is thinking her license is automatically suspended just because she moved, she is wrong. She just needs to apply for a new license in Arizona. Heck, I kept my old license for almost a year after I moved because it was still valid and unexpired and had zero issues.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:18 AM

14 posts, read 34,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I don't agree with your premise. Your license does not get suspended just because you move to a new state. She had to have done something to warrant a suspension.

If she didn't do anything, and is thinking her license is automatically suspended just because she moved, she is wrong. She just needs to apply for a new license in Arizona. Heck, I kept my old license for almost a year after I moved because it was still valid and unexpired and had zero issues.

No they had a total of 32 points on their license from a different state and it was suspended and wanted to start fresh here. All fines are being paid as of now, just trying to help out, I never got in an accident or a ticket and I would like to just get information from ppl because thats where the most info you can get than from the MVD or other offices.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:37 AM

4,848 posts, read 11,823,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post

Quote:
No they had a total of 32 points on their license from a different state and it was suspended and wanted to start fresh here. All fines are being paid as of now, just trying to help out, I never got in an accident or a ticket and I would like to just get information from ppl because thats where the most info you can get than from the MVD or other offices.
Bluefox: The OP didn't get your joke. This thread is too funny.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:59 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,429,619 times
No insurance w/ suspended plates

Ooops, sorry OP, you "just" have a suspended tag and no insurance. LOl

Old 07-21-2014, 12:17 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,165,868 times
Quote:
I would like to just get information from ppl because thats where the most info you can get than from the MVD or other offices.
Well, actually, the MVD is the only place you can get the official information. No one on City-Data has the power to suspend your license and plates. You and your "friend" need to work directly with the MVD instead asking anonymous people on the internet. I'd also recommend a lawyer at this point.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:55 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,443,128 times
Thanks to those who supplied useful information on the topic, rather than making inferences about the OP.

Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: